Map of Greece on the TomTom GO app

roystonhouse
roystonhouse Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
Hi, I downloaded a map of Greece on the TomTom GO app on my iPhone XR but it will not open.vv7spsj90bgr.png

Best Answer

• roystonhouse
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jurgen,
    I reinstalled the app, with wifi turned off (4G) and it looks like it now works.
    Thank you fore your advise, very much appreciated.

tpppyastypnf.png

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,061
    Welcome to the Community, @roystonhouse! Can you explain the problem here? I see that you're currently in the UK and if you wish to plan a route to Greece, you'll need to download the remaining countries along the way. You can browse the Greece map in the same way as you might look at a traditional paper map. You can move around the map using gestures, and zoom using the zoom buttons.

Best, lampard
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,402
    Community Manager
    Are you able to delete the Greece map so that you can re-download it?
  • roystonhouse
    New Seeker
    edited July 5
    I am flying to Greece and picking up a car.
    I did the same last year when going to Spain and the map downloaded without any problem.
    I have deleted the map and downloaded it again but there is still no arrow to the left of it so I cannot preview the map.
    But I noticed that when I chose the map from the listed options for Europe, Greece does not have the arrow to the left of it.
    What am I doing wrong?pkrrkiwn9vmk.png
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    The arrow is only shown for regions that consist of more than one map. For Greece that is not the case. But once installed, Greece should no longer be listed as downloadable.

I'm afraid you're better off backing up your personal data in MyDrive and then uninstalling and reinstalling the app from scratch.
  • roystonhouse
    New Seeker
    OK that is good to know, thank you.
    Once I have downloaded the map for Greece, it no longer shows listed on the picture shown above.
    It is just that when I click on the downloaded map, it does not open (where as the other maps I had downloaded do open).
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    If you pan the map to Greece, can you zoom in to see details at a street level?
  • roystonhouse
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jurgen,
    I reinstalled the app, with wifi turned off (4G) and it looks like it now works.
    Thank you fore your advise, very much appreciated.

tpppyastypnf.png