Removing a private driveway?

ChrisUK75
ChrisUK75 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
My driveway is marked on the TomTom map as a public road.
It is not a road, it's just my driveway. Local delivery drivers keep turning up at my house using TomTom navigation asking where lots of different addresses are, but they have the wrong place.
I've tried four times in mapshare to report the error and every time it's flagged as 'fixed' but no changes have been made.
The driveway needs to be displayed as a private driveway, not a public road and it needs the road name removing.
Please help, this has been going on for years.
Tagged:

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    Exalted Pioneer
    it takes 6 or 9 months for change to show in device maps
  • Shawnloveshorses161
    Shawnloveshorses161 Registered Users Posts: 48
    Prominent Wayfarer
    edited July 3
    Hi @ChrisUK75

I would love to report this for you, kindly provide the road name you wish to remove, also the house address. Kindly note that the online TomTom Maps/Apps will be updated the quickest.

Those with physical gps units as noted by rider1rider will likely get map updates quaterly.

• ChrisUK75
    ChrisUK75 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    it takes 6 or 9 months for change to show in device maps

How long do changes take to appear on TomTom's own website? If I look at Mapshare the driveway is still wrong.
  • Shawnloveshorses161
    Prominent Wayfarer
    edited July 4
    Hi @ChrisUK75

I would like to help you with this, if you can kindly provide the address or location of the driveway. As I am a top map contributor, I have a way to access more advanced mapping tools and able to see the TomTom comments.

I promise you I will get this fixed for you :)
  • Dustin75
    Dustin75 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    My private roads through my fields and around my farm buildings are listed as public roads. They are not but many delivery drivers try to use them. I need my driveway removed from the map! I have had close calls and damage done to my property because someone in your department can not seem to realize this is a private no name road!
  • Shawnloveshorses161
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Dustin75 wrote: »
    My private roads through my fields and around my farm buildings are listed as public roads. They are not but many delivery drivers try to use them. I need my driveway removed from the map! I have had close calls and damage done to my property because someone in your department can not seem to realize this is a private no name road!

Hi Dustin, were you able to report the map error, or can you provide the location and information, so I can do it for you.