Hello, I have a Go50 device and I bought a map upload for 44.95 euros

rosaholland
rosaholland Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Traveler
That upload didn't go well. After a week of vacation, reconnected to my drive connect, but the Go50 already goes 'updating' before I do anything, and just keeps running. Through a chat had contact with one 'Zara' who would help me. After some ideas for a solution, which I have all implemented, without result, I contacted her again. Now I don't get an answer from her anymore. Meanwhile, after many times of trying again, the Go50 goes after the drum sound on the 2 screens: computer screen and system screen in a red cross and red arrow mode. What is going on here? Who o Who can help me?

Mod edit: Machine translated [Dutch]

Answers

• rosaholland
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited July 4
    After doing everything exactly as in the instructions Mydrive Connect wants to connect, but then a window pops up with 'your system is not responding' ! What now?

Mod edit: Machine translated [Dutch]
  • rosaholland
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited July 5
    See the email above. Who can help me? The person handling the email is probably also a computer because she (Zara) doesn't read my emails and keeps telling me to do that soft reset which I've already tried several times.
    My TomTom G0 50 is not making contact with My drive Connect, even after following the instructions above. After making contact with My drive Connect, it goes back to the familiar screen with the 2 screens and a red cross and a warning sign in the tomtom screen. It says on the computer that he cannot make contact. Who oh who has the solution?
    I can't get to the hard reset on the Go 50 because it won't boot normally.
  • rosaholland
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited July 6
    Would Mr VikramK also want to take a look at my Go 50. I saw somewhere on the forum that this is possible!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    Can you try with another computer?

Is the GPS recognized by Mydrive connect? https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900240-Le-GPS-ne-se-connecte-pas-à-l-ordinateur-MyDrive-Connect-
  • rosaholland
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ik heb een nieuwe computer met 4 usb poorten, allen geprobeerd. Ook op een andere computer met 2 poorten geprobeerd. Ik krijg na de zachte reset (diverse keren geprobeerd), steeds weer het scherm met de 2 schermpjes en het rode kruis.
    My drive connect kan geen verbinding maken. Wel even want dan ziet hij wat er op mijn systeem staat, maar als ik dan iets aanklik om de downloaden of te verwijderen, heeft hij geen verbinding meer.
  • rosaholland
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have a new computer with 4 USB connections and I tried them all. I also tried a second computer. After I followed the instructions several times on both different computers for the reset you told me, I still get the same pictures on my Go 50 system: the two windows and the red cross. That indicates that there is no connection between the Go 50 and the computer.
    What else can I do?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    Hi @rosaholland
    Presuming that your GO 50 is stuck on a screen that looks as below-
    7vwaw60w4s3u.png

That would indicate that the problem could be related to the firmware.

Could you try the troubleshooting steps in the video here-

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • rosaholland
    Apprentice Traveler
    Dear Vikram,
    I tried several times as you mentioned above. When the tomtom is starting again, the indication at the bottom of the tomtom (the white line) is stopping half way. After that the picture on the tomtom screen shows the two screens with red cross again.
    The tomtom is not seen by the computer.
    Please help.
  • rosaholland
    Apprentice Traveler
    Dear Mr Vikram,
    After all information we received from Mrs Zara and Mr Vikram we had no succes with upgrading our TomTom Go 50 with the bought upgrade of euro 44,95. (Correspondence nr. 1542812)
    We have decided to buy the GO essentials 6" for the price of euro 174,30. We want to pay Euro 174,30 minus
    euro 44,95 that we have already paid for the upgrade, that did not work.
    Please confirm that we can buy the Go essential 6", for the price euro 129,35.
    Kind regards,
    rosaholland