Lifetime traffic on GO 520 expired although it should have a lifetime service

fgiacomini
fgiacomini Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited July 4 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My name is Federico , I recently bought a TomTom GO 520 Wifi model, here the details, serial number ZNxxxxxxxx88, 1PN5.002.03, LPN HE 61665 6291, this model has lifetime maps, traffic and speed cams, the device correctly updated the maps using WIFI, however the speed cams were not updated, the device shows a message: speed cams expired. I noticed that my Mydrive Connect on PC did not recognize this model correctly as TomTom GO 520 but as essential that does not have lifetime speed cams. My tomtom Id is [email protected] Please I need help. Thank you very much.

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    Answer ✓
    Hi @fgiacomini

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    Hi
    @fgiacomini
    Welcome to the site....]
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • fgiacomini
    New Seeker
    Thank you for your reply.
    Looking forward to your reply on Monday.
    Please keep in mind that the lifetime traffic is ok, it is the lifetime speedcams that are not working.
    The problem is that MyDrive Connect does not recognize the device correctly. It recognises it as Tomtom GO Essential that has only 3 months speedcam and not as it is GO 520 that is the correct model that has lifetime maps, traffic and speedcams.

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,283
    Answer ✓
    Hi @fgiacomini

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • fgiacomini
    New Seeker
    Hello the service is now working, However I received an email from TomTom saying free trial starts now. TomTom Premium Connected Services valid until 06/01/2023. However my TomTom, GO 520 has lifetime maps, traffic and speedcam. I do not need a temporary Premium Service. This is not a solution. The TomTom Mydrive Connnect does not recognise this model correctly. Please I need a lifetime licence not a 6 months solution. Thank you very much for your help