Map Corrections Upload

JasonBrisbaneAU
JasonBrisbaneAU Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
I'm using a Tom Tom Via 1400. The device has the ability to accept map corrections. I have added some corrections into the device for missing street numbers, for addresses I have attended. On performing a map update, I expected My Drive Connect would request permission to upload the corrections or at the very least notify me that the corrections were uploaded. With my latest map update, no indication of the map corrections being uploaded was shown in My Drive Connect, nor on the device.

Is there something in My Drive Connect or on the device which must be enabled to upload the map corrections and how do I know if they've been received by Tom Tom?

Thank you for your help.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,136
     Superuser
    Hi
    @JasonBrisbaneAU
    Welcome to the site...
    Maybe it's this change... Support to MapShare updates is discontinued...
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The MapShare article is about reports sent from the device. There are many devices out there with outdated maps while on the online site we have full control the map. We therefore can exclude map errors from being reported that have already been fixed in the base map. This to reduce the workload for keeping our maps up-to-date. Still, that workload will remain a major challenge.
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4420036915090-Support-to-MapShare-updates-is-discontinued

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • JasonBrisbaneAU
    Apprentice Seeker
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @JasonBrisbaneAU
    Welcome to the site...
    Maybe it's this change... Support to MapShare updates is discontinued...
    Jürgen wrote: »
    The MapShare article is about reports sent from the device. There are many devices out there with outdated maps while on the online site we have full control the map. We therefore can exclude map errors from being reported that have already been fixed in the base map. This to reduce the workload for keeping our maps up-to-date. Still, that workload will remain a major challenge.
    See... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4420036915090-Support-to-MapShare-updates-is-discontinued

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Hi YamFazMan, thanks for getting back to me with the link to the notice about MapShare updates discontinued. This has answered my question as to why the corrections are not uploading.

I feel it is very short sighted on the part of TomTom. I went to two addresses yesterday which do not exist in my device, despite me having the latest map updates. Each of the streets exist, yet the numbering information is poor in the areas. The new online MapShare utility claims a location for both addresses per the street numbers, but both are incorrect, yet I have exact coordinates in my device for both addresses. The choice of TomTom to disable the upload means there is virtually no chance those corrections will be made to the TomTom database, firstly because there is no easy way to transfer the coordinate information under the new online interface. Secondly, the process is very arduous if you wish to contribute daily to correcting inaccurate maps, as I regularly strike.

With my standard work load of attending addresses, I could easily accommodate volume corrections, however under the new interface, there is no level of practicality to contributing correction information. The process is now simply too arduous.
  • Shawnloveshorses161
    Shawnloveshorses161 Registered Users Posts: 49
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Hi, were you able to get this sorted out?

If possible, share the missing address :)
  • JasonBrisbaneAU
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi, were you able to get this sorted out?

If possible, share the missing address :)

No luck with the resolution unfortunately, as TomTom have discontinued the upload of map corrections.

I'd rather not share the addresses, as they are private residential addresses for work related matters.