No new map on mydrive connect for my Start 25 (BL serial)..... Only the V8.75 version.

Jawesjej
Jawesjej Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
I have already gave the device a restart, it has been recovered and has had a hard reset. Still no new Europe map available in MyDrive connect.

Can anyone help me with this?

Many thanks in advance.

Gr.007

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Jawesjej
    Welcome to the site....
    "BL" Is a Start 25, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3 Device....
    NAV3 Devices with 4GB On-board Memory... Catch22
    Tomtom devices need at least one Map installed before they will Boot-up...
    The Maps on the NAV3 devices easily fitted onto the 4GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 4GB limit on-board memory size on the NAV3 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The NAV3 Full Europe Map is now well over 4 GB….

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1799005/#Comment_1799005

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

• Jawesjej
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your reply,

I have an 8Gb sd card inserted. The map of V8.75 is installed on this card. So there should be enough space to install the latest version (1090?) on this card, when I remove the old one.

Unfortunately the new version is not showed in MyDrive Connect when I remove the old version. The only update that it shows then is the V8.75 and some other stuff.

How can I make the MyDrive conncet tot show the most recent map for my device? Most likely this is the 1090 version of Western Europe.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    Elite Voyager
    edited July 1
    In my opinion, a Start 25 with only 4 GB of internal memory should not have the maps for life.

Did you keep the box that shows your Start has the cards for life.
  • Jawesjej
    Apprentice Seeker
    Unfortunately I have not kept the box. But the info about Start 25 shows that a map can be stored on an sd card with this device.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,055
    Superuser
    Hi @Jawesjej

Look back here later, probably Monday now, to see what @VikramK has to say whether your unit was sold with Lifetime map updates and if he will no doubt sort out your units setting on the TT servers.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Jawesjej wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have not kept the box. But the info about Start 25 shows that a map can be stored on an sd card with this device.

Yes, on Start 25 you can download a map on the SD but you must buy the map on the Tomtom website.
  • Jawesjej
    Apprentice Seeker
    49g64vj618an.jpg

• Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Buy the card on the site version 10.90 https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/travel-map/ The map will be available for download on Mydrive connect
  • Jawesjej
    Apprentice Seeker
    But I have free lifetime updates.........
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    A GPS with 4 GB of internal memory should not have lifetime map updates.

easiest way is to come back Monday, moderator @VikramK will review your account and let you know if you have the lifetime cards.
  • Jawesjej
    Apprentice Seeker
    Okay, thanks for the advice. I will wait till monday then.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    edited July 4
    Hi
    Willy875 wrote: »
    A GPS with 4 GB of internal memory should not have lifetime map updates...
    Around the time of the launch of the1st NAV GO5000 devices....
    Here in the UK... Tomtom were selling off some of the old stocks of NAV3 devices with an Offer of 'Free Lifetime Maps'...
    I purchased a 4GB NAV3 GO Live 825 with a Lifetime Full Europe Maps...
    My GO Live 825 had a sticker on the box with the offer (I kept the box, sticker & receipt as proof of purchase)

As Willy875 says @VikramK will check your account on Monday....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Jawesjej
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited July 2
    That's clear. I'll wait for Vikram K then. Have a good weekend!
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,330
    Hi @Jawesjej
    Welcome to the community!
    I reviewed the device subscriptions in the background, I don't see the device is factory embedded with lifetime maps.
    If you bought the device with lifetime maps, then please contact our customer service. They might need some additional information before activating the services.
    Regards, Vikram
  • Jawesjej
    Apprentice Seeker
    Strange thing happened this morning. The TomTom-site says " you have a new map (update). But when I open the link it says: "The page cannot be found".

Something is not going right with this.......
  • Jawesjej
    Apprentice Seeker
    9qhmmtqif7zw.png