No volume control with bluetooth connection=headache!

Driller
Driller Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
Hi everyone, first post here.

I really love my Rider 500 for many reasons but there is one problem that really bugs me and I wondered if there was a work around.

When the unit is not connected to anything there is a volume slider to control volume. However, as soon as I connect to my Cardo Freecom 4+, the volume control disappears.

From this moment every time there is a voice instruction and especially a warning siren, I get it at full blast over the intercom which physically hurts. I can find no way of turning this down on the Freecom and even if there was a way, this would make everything else too quiet as otherwise all phone calls, music, intercom etc are at the right volume.

Only the Rider is too loud.

Ideally we would have a firmware update that would keep the volume slider present even when the unit is connected over Bluetooth (I still don't understand why it disappears).

Otherwise, anyone else have this problem and what do you do?

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    Exalted Pioneer
    try reset factory
  • kieron
    kieron Posts: 546
     Superuser
    Hi there @Driller -

The voice guidance should be increased/decreased by way of your Cardo Freecom volume control. Whilst you are recieving an instruction from your Rider, then adjust the level. This is how I vary the volume on my Sena system which also stores the individual source levels to memory. Best to do this off the bike by way of setting a demo route.
  • TigerRider
    TigerRider Registered Users Posts: 177
    Exalted Navigator
    Would be great if there was a second volume control for the warnings.

Having set the volume to comfortable level the warnings are far too loud for me. A bit like the adverts on UK TV.
  • Driller
    Driller Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited July 4
    kieron wrote: »
    Hi there @Driller -

The voice guidance should be increased/decreased by way of your Cardo Freecom volume control. Whilst you are recieving an instruction from your Rider, then adjust the level. This is how I vary the volume on my Sena system which also stores the individual source levels to memory. Best to do this off the bike by way of setting a demo route.

I have tried this endlessly without success, it just beeps in the same way as when you reach the maximum or minimum level but without changing anything.

I don't understand why it's not possible to have an independent volume control for this on the Rider unit.

It is very surprising that this seems like such a complicated thing to get right and there are a fair few forum posts all over the net specifically on this subject.

I also don't understand why, between TomTom and Cardo, two great companies, they can't work out a reliable solution for this problem.

I would like to link this post to the Cardo support forum but apparently there isn't one!
  • idealhobbies
    idealhobbies Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Traveler
    One way that I found to manage the volume in my Sena was, before connecting to the bluetooth, adjust the volume to about 50%, THEN connect. You kinda have to play with it until you find the sweet spot. I've learned over time that if I hit the volume down on my sena WHILE the GPS is talking (you have to be quick), the volume would adjust, otherwise you're SOL.