Connecting to home WiFi

Ed-
Ed- Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
I had a new router at home and when i tried to connect my TomTom to it, it finds the router and saves the connection then keeps coming up with "Authentication Problem" and the connection is then lost but keeps trying to connect. Any help would be appreciated

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,031
    Superuser
    Hi @Ed-

Not sure if this is the issue. With our previous Router when I wanted to connect my GO5200 I would select the Router Name ending with 2.4 as this then connected it to the 2.4Ghz signal emitted by the Router. My new Router does not offer 2 names, ie ending 2.4 and 5.0, but it still gives out both Ghz signals. Some devices when trying to connect cannot unless the 5Ghz signal is turned Off then the connection is made to the 2.4Ghz signal. Once the connection has been made then you can turn the 5Ghz signal back On from the router and the device happily connects to the 2.4Ghz signal from then On.

So if you think this is a possibility then go into your routers settings and Turn the 5Ghz signal Off whilst connecting your GO5200 then turn it back On once you have a good connection.

Doug
  • Ed-
    Ed- Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thank you Doug, that is a very good point, my old router had the options of both 5 Ghz and 2.4Ghz. i will try your suggestion