''my device is not supported" MyDrive connect error during update

janeykins22
janeykins22 Registered Users Posts: 7
Master Traveler
edited June 29 in MyDrive Connect
And now get a message on My Drive telling me my device is not supported. I am going to France on Friday and need my maps back. I only have UK and Ireland showing, where before I tried to update my maps I had France and Belgium on there!

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,158
     Superuser
    Hi
    @janeykins22
    And your Tomtom Device/Model is ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

• janeykins22
    Master Traveler
    I have logged in to the official TomTom site, I have uninstalled and reinstalled My Drive Connect, but now get a message to tell me my device isn't supported. I have lifetime maps updates, but now only have UK and Ireland
  • janeykins22
    Master Traveler
    No
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,611
    Elite Voyager
    I have logged in to the official TomTom site, I have uninstalled and reinstalled My Drive Connect, but now get a message to tell me my device isn't supported. I have lifetime maps updates, but now only have UK and Ireland

What are the first 2 letters of the serial number?
  • janeykins22
    Master Traveler
    BQ. I now get the Mydrive opening when I start up my laptop, it shows my 2 registered devices but does not support the Start-25 which has free lifetime maps. I also have problems that when I start my device up I get the root menu. I've watched the videos and done a reset but still get this problem. I've updated my other device which is done via wife and will use that for tomorrow as I just don't have the time to sort out at the moment. Appreciate your assistance, but I think this could be due to the new update TomTom have recently announced.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited June 30
    Hi
    @janeykins22
    "BQ" is a Start 25, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3... The Start 25 is still supported, only devices with 2GB or less on board memory devices are EoL (End of Life)
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,330
    Hi @janeykins22
    All looks okay on the account.
    Map updates are active, if you go into My Content tab in MyDrive Connect, you will see the new updates are getting offered in the maps section.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited June 30
    Hi
    @janeykins22
    Further to Vikram's post...
    Re... 8GB NAV4 Device's & Catch22...
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8 GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update....
    The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9 GB....

Maybe useful...
    Updating using the MyDrive Connects 'My Contents' tab
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1145486/8gb-nav4-devices-catch22-installing-maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • janeykins22
    Master Traveler
    Appreciate your help, but the first problem I keep getting is the white writing on the screen. Watched the video, pressed 3 times in successsion but still get the root menu! I'll contact you next week when I get back as I have a truck satnav I can use in the meantime.