Speed Camera auto-renew. I wasn't notified!

RickBrown
RickBrown Registered Users Posts: 30
Outstanding Wayfarer
edited June 28 in TomTom Services
Hi.
I've just received and email stating my speed camera subscription has auto renewed. For one, I didn't knowingly agree to this and two, I wasn't notified it was going to renew!
Wham! money taken from my account with no option to contact support other than this forum. I can't say I'm too impressed!
How can I get a refund?
Cheers.
Rick.
UK.
Oh, and BTW, the Chat Box appears to be broken, it just scrolls down a load of weird text. Chrome and Edge, Windoz 10.

Comments

• RickBrown
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Is there an email address for support? I just can't find one anywhere?
    Is there a way to talk to a real human?
    Rick.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    edited June 29
    Hi
    @RickBrown
    The Tomtom subscriptions now 'Auto Renew' by default....

Tomtom T&C's....
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/terms-and-conditions/

See T&C's 4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials...
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/terms-and-conditions/#4YourAccountandyoursubscriptions

Tomtom FAQ… How to cancel an ongoing service subscription….
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013902260-How-to-cancel-an-ongoing-service-subscription

Re a Refund... Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

TomTom customer support by email….
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
    Note... This link is to one of the Tomtom Support site pages... You may have to login again using your Tomtom Email & Password...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • KJPSLE
    KJPSLE Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @RickBrown

Have you found any info re obtaining a refund? Have exactly the same situation as you. Thanks
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,135
     Superuser
    Hi
    @KJPSLE
    See the post immediately above your post….

Stay Safe… ATB YFM
  • John-Jay
    John-Jay Registered Users Posts: 749
    Revered Pioneer
    YamFazMan wrote: »

See T&C's 4.2 Subscriptions, renewals and Free Trials...
    Here... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/legal/terms-and-conditions/#4YourAccountandyoursubscriptions

Hi, @YamFazMan ,

From your Link:-
    "You will be informed in advance about the applicable payment, billing cycle and any other relevant detail for such paid subscription."

I get the impression that the OP was stating that he had NOT been informed!

• RickBrown
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    "You will be informed in advance about the applicable payment, billing cycle and any other relevant detail for such paid subscription."

I get the impression that the OP was stating that he had NOT been informed!

[/quote]

That is correct.
    I have not received any email ref the renewal and I have not received any email about updating terms and conditions.
    And no, I keep a very close eye on my SPAM folder and can confirm I get all the marketing/customer support emails from TomTom.

I have now found an email address from my previous experience dealing with the support team.
    I'll drop them an email, but I suspect I'll get the usual "No Chance" response.
    The payment did go via PayPal, so I'll contact them if required.

Thanks for all the info chaps,
    Rick.
  • RickBrown
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Thanks for the link @YamFazMan

I've used that link to send in a request for a refund.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

BTW, I don't have problem with my TomTom satnav, it work's great, it's just the customer support is poor and should be updated to a more user friendly model.
    As for T&C's updates that inflict automatic cost to the account, that's just dishonest. Especially when I never received any updated T&C's, or auto renewal emails in the first place.
    Just poor service.

Cheers.
    Rick.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

When you placed the order this is what you accepted.

***To register for a subscription, you must make payment for the amount of the recurring subscription. When you pay for the subscription using your preferred payment method, your payment details will be transmitted to TomTom. By clicking the 'Checkout' button during checkout, you authorize TomTom to collect the relevant subscription amount, followed by a direct debit for all subsequent subscription charges. If you click "Place Order" during checkout, you agree that your subscription will start immediately and that you can no longer cancel the contract to receive a refund. If you do not cancel your subscription, we will charge monthly or annual fees on a recurring basis to the payment method on file. You can cancel at any time. It starts at the end of the billing period.
  • RickBrown
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Ok, I accept that, but somewhere on there it states I'll receive a reminder that it's actually going to renew.
    That I did not receive.
    Therefore I think that's a breach of the T&C's by default.
    Maybe a legal brain on here can clarify?

Rick.
  • RickBrown
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Still no reply from Support.
    Now £29.99 down.
    Not too impressed.
    Rick.