Subscription/App broken since last renewal

CallumW
CallumW Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
Shortly after the latest annual subscription/renewal in April, the app stopped working properly.

Worked fine up until that point.
1) Now I get errors: "Subscription Ended. Renew your subscription to keep enjoying (sic) TomTom Go Navigation"
2) Clicking on "Continue" it takes me to a page titled "Choose a Plan" where it seems to be trying to load my subscription.
3) This times out and takes me to a page saying "Oops! Something went wrong. Try again"
At this point it loops between (2) and (3) and gets nowhere.

4) If I manage to catch the "Restore Purchases" from (2) then it asks me for my tomtom login.
I do that but it hangs trying to recover it, or it returns an error:
"No active subscriptions were found for this TomTom account. Renew your subscription to keep enjoying TomTom GO Navigation. (i) You're logged in as [email protected] Login as a different user"

I tried my gmail account, but it came back saying it didn't recognise that account.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app and this seemed to work the first time.
Next day it was broken again and re-installing no longer (temporarily) fixes it.

My google purchases are made with my google/gmail account.
TomTom app login uses a personal email, not google and all my saved places are linked to my personal (not gmail) email.

Tested with all variations of with and without VPN. On Wifi or Mobile data. Reboot.
Also tried uninstalling and triggering the install from playstore web.
Nothing works

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S22 (SM-S901B/DS)
Android version: 12 (S901BXXU2AVF1)
App Version: 3.5.14 (4313)
Nav Kit: 15.57.13
Nav App: 22.2.126
Map Version: 41770
NDS version: 2.4.6

Android is set to "never sleep" for TomTom
Power saving: off
Processing speed: High

(1)
m5iz0diav4ry.jpg
(2)
ompqurilj1li.jpg
(3)
07eao1ryuzbz.jpg
(4 (restore purchases))
db85xua40q7q.jpg

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,486
    Revered Voyager
    Question you must connect and download the application on the play store with the account which allowed you to buy the Tomtom Go navigation?
  • CallumW
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited June 28
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Question you must connect and download the application on the play store with the account which allowed you to buy the Tomtom Go navigation?

My gmail account? Yes, that's what I did.
    I've used the TomTom app since the early days when it was a lifetime purchase (since Samsung S3) .... then that version was terminated and the subscription model replaced it.
    The apps before all worked with my non-gmail personal email as I used that with the old physical tomtom navigation devices - long before smart phones were invented.

I've re-subscribed each year without issue, but this time something's gone wrong and the app doesn't seem to recognise my google/gmail purchase.

All other apps that have subscriptions have redeemed them without issue. It's just the TomTom app that's not seeing it.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,392
    Community Manager
    What happens if you start the app from the Google Play Store?

The issue is usually related to a conflict with Google accounts. Can you try the following?
    1. Uninstall the GO Navigation app.
      (Make sure to first sync Places and Routes with MyDrive.)
    2. In a BROWSER on your desktop, log in to the web interface of Google Play with the account you used to purchase.
    3. Install the GO Navigation app from the web interface to your device.
      Don't use the Play Store app for this, but use the install button and choose your device in the browser.
  • CallumW
    Apprentice Seeker
    Jürgen wrote: »
    What happens if you start the app from the Google Play Store?

As per my original post - I tried that, but it didn't work (I saw it as a test on an another person's thread with similar/same issue)
    CallumW wrote: »
    Also tried uninstalling and triggering the install from playstore web.
    Nothing works

• CallumW
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited June 29
    I might have got it working.

On my phone, if I click on the Play Store app shortcut it opens the PlayStore and I can install/update apps no problem.
    But when I went to Settings | Apps | Google Play Store it said the app was disabled?
    So even though it was disabled, it was still working using the screen shortcut. Weird.

I enabled it and re-installed TomTom Go via phone playstore.
    So far so good, but I'll be surprised if this doesn't fix it.

Cause?
    I think the phone's (Android 12) power management was too aggressive and disabled the Play Store as I hardly use it.
    Maybe? Not sure, but it looks promising so far
  • CallumW
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited June 30
    I tried it today and it's still working.
    Looks like that was it

Updated Play Store rating back to 5* :)
This discussion has been closed.