TomTom Rider 400 - No route possible when planning any route for Canada

EKU
EKU Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hi all,

I've a TomTom Ride 400 with following maps installed:
Canada Alaska 1090.11476
Europe 1090.77475

After selecting the Canada map and planning a route I always get the message "No Route possible"

Example:
- first I enter following address "145 Richmond St W, ON, M5H, Toronto" and put this as "Use as starting point"
- the I enter the destination address "5775 River Rd, On, L2G, Niagara falls"

What I'm dong wrong?
Do I need to be in Canada, to be able to plan a route?

Thank you for you inout/help.

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,031
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @EKU

You can create routes in Canada and Save them to MyRoutes for when you will be there.

What is happening is when you press Lets Go then the unit will seek to drive from where it is to the Start of the Route you have created. So yes you will have to be in Canada for it to work normally bearing in mind if you select one of your pre saved routes the device will drive to the start from wherever you are.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,031
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @EKU

You can create routes in Canada and Save them to MyRoutes for when you will be there.

What is happening is when you press Lets Go then the unit will seek to drive from where it is to the Start of the Route you have created. So yes you will have to be in Canada for it to work normally bearing in mind if you select one of your pre saved routes the device will drive to the start from wherever you are.

Doug
  • EKU
    EKU Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi Doug.

Thx for your reply and feedback.

Will proceed as your proposal.

Brs