MyDrive Connect only offering me a UK map update from 2017!

Greenhills
Greenhills Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Device GO6100
Update tried with a wired connection using a PC.

I have not update my map for some time and tried yesterday after recently receiving an email that the new v1090 map was available.
MyDrive Connect told me that the following five updates were available:
UK
Safety Cams
Charging Stations
Voice Updates
USA (which is on a removable card)
I ticked all except USA and started the download. After receiving the message that the update had finished, I checked the map and found that nothing appeared to have changed. I therefore went back into MDC to see what updates it was offering me. The list was the same as before, but preceded by a Nav 4 update that it told me I must install first.
After installing the Nav 4 update. MDC only offered me one update - USA. I selected that to see what had happened, and it worked.
A check of the navigation device showed me that I had USA map v1090.11433 (Released 04/2022) installed on the removable card, but the UK map was v995.8490 (Released 07/2017).
I went through the FAQs and robot answer, uninstalled the UK map and tried to download a new one. MDC only offered me the 2017 release of the UK map, although it did offer me current (v1090) of all other countries). I have uninstalled the map from my device and and reinstalled it several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled MDC; even trying a different PC and turning the PC and device off and on after each change. In desperation, I finally tried to have a conversation with the online robot just to cheer myself up.
Can anyone help me please, before I go on a rather lengthy drive into unknown territory this week? ........please.

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,291
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Greenhills
    Welcome to the community!
    My team did some changes in the backend, could you check for updates now?

MyDrive Connect > My Content tab > Maps

Thanks,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,291
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Greenhills
    Welcome to the community!
    My team did some changes in the backend, could you check for updates now?

MyDrive Connect > My Content tab > Maps

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Greenhills
    Greenhills Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi Vikram

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Your changes worked perfectly. The latest version of the UK map has appeared, as have some other maps that I can now see were missing altogether.

Downloaded quickly and easily first time, so that I am up-to-date for my trip into the mysterious depths of the UK.

Thanks again.