Reinstalling Larger Europe Map after memory uplift

Rogerand Out
Rogerand Out Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I have a Tom Tom Go 5000 and am managing it via MyDrive Connect. Some time ago I had to sacrifice my Europe map which displayed buildings and install the smallest available Europe map due to memory shortage - using a 16GB card at the time.
Now I have installed a 32GB SD card which is working well and I now have loads of spare memory but I seem to be stuck with the smaller Europe map that was necessary for my 16GB card and I can't re-load the larger map with buildings because the update service doesn't offer it. How do I reload the larger Europe map with buildings please?

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,132
     Superuser
    edited June 24
    Hi
    @Rogerand Out
    Welcome to the site...
    Maybe useful... 8GB devices like your NAV4 GO 5000 & Catch22...
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8 GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update....
    The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now approaching 9 GB and you can't fit a Quart into a Pint pot

Here's a couple of different MyDrive Connect menu options to get past the Catch22 'Not enough Memory'….
    And or the 'No Maps Available' error that also stops access to the Memory Card Map Formatting Menu....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1145486/8gb-nav4-devices-catch22-installing-maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM