Is the GO 620 too heavy?

fpe2fpe
fpe2fpe Registered Users Posts: 11
Apprentice Seeker
edited June 21 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello --- I been using tomtom gps devices for some time now and it seems that each time I get an update / upgraded device it bigger and heaver than the last one -- but the process of mounting on the windsheild has not changed. I was on the highway the other day an at 68 mph the 620 fell off the windsheild --- has any found a 3rd party vendor that has a mount with multiple suckion cups to keep the device mounted? Thanks

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited June 20 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @fpe2fpe
    The 6" Tomtom devices including the NAV4, the later Wi-Fi devices and the 6" Go discover have the same size suction cup 58mm....
    The New 7" GO discover & GO Expert have a 70mm suction cup to compensate for the extra weight....
    Have you removed the thin plastic protective sheet from the suction cup
    Are you twisting the base clockwise until it clicks to lock it ???
    Is your windscreen and the suction cup clean, I have Several Tomtoms including the new 7" GO discover....
    The only one that has fallen off the screen was a GO 5000, this was in a friends' car who was a heavy smoker....
    I thought his screen had a yellow tint :/ After I cleaned the screen and the mount and the device was OK for the rest of the day....

Now I tend to use a 'Dashboard Disc' to mount the Satnavs

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • fpe2fpe
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hello --- Yes, the film was removed and I did rotate the lever clockwise -- it seemed secure --- there never has been a smoker in the car and the windshiel is clear --- does the the new 7" GO discover have a biger suction cup? if so can it be use on the 620?

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited June 20 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @fpe2fpe
    The 6" Tomtom devices including the NAV4, the later Wi-Fi devices and the 6" Go discover have the same size suction cup 58mm....
    The New 7" GO discover & GO Expert have a 70mm suction cup to compensate for the extra weight....
    Have you removed the thin plastic protective sheet from the suction cup
    Are you twisting the base clockwise until it clicks to lock it ???
    Is your windscreen and the suction cup clean, I have Several Tomtoms including the new 7" GO discover....
    The only one that has fallen off the screen was a GO 5000, this was in a friends' car who was a heavy smoker....
    I thought his screen had a yellow tint :/ After I cleaned the screen and the mount and the device was OK for the rest of the day....

Now I tend to use a 'Dashboard Disc' to mount the Satnavs

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • fpe2fpe
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Hello --- Yes, the film was removed and I did rotate the lever clockwise -- it seemed secure --- there never has been a smoker in the car and the windshiel is clear --- does the the new 7" GO discover have a biger suction cup? if so can it be use on the 620?