AmiGO on iOS 16 beta

Azons
Azons Registered Users Posts: 9
Master Traveler
With iOS 16 beta 1 the beta version of amigo crashes alot try open app on phone or trough carplay sometimes it works but eventually it only crashes.

Goes from working okey to not opening at all.

I know beta of ios and might not get supported yet but its future ios so better get head of time of the issue. Its only app that crashes so far in my experiance.

What I can tell.
Loading of map takes long time with speed ect visible it either loads map in or app crash.

Starting from carplay mostly blue amigo screen that jumps and it crashes.

Sometimes load alp on phone first then open it on carplay it works.

If it works it keep running problemless but getting that far is 1/10 tries. But even last view days it got to a point app simple will not start at all and crashes all the time both carplay start or starting from the phone.

Did few report with pop when crash accure so hopefull it send details why it crashes.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Apple CarPlay in Beta.

Comments

• Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,402
    Community Manager
    edited June 20
    @Azons
    Can you please add your iPhone model and the current app version?

I moved your post to a new thread about iOS 16 beta.
  • Azons
    Master Traveler
    edited June 20
    Iphone 12 pro max
    iOS 16 beta 1
    App versie: amigo beta 8.386.0 (current beta version)

I got it temp to work again after I installed non beta version from app store used it few times succesfully untill that crashed also nonstop and reinstalled beta version again.

For today I has no crashes yet as in I cannot open app anymore and start app frist on phone then start carplay.

It seems to be issue with new iOS but what causes it is unclear to me. But both nieuw non beta release and beta of amigo have this problem.

Ill keep posting as beta progresses beta 2 should be here soon?

I hope the info is helpfull
  • Azons
    Master Traveler
    iOS 16 beta 2 rolled out and still the same crashing issues.

Currently Its crashing nonstop even after hard reboot, shutdown and starting phone again does not resolve the problem. For now Ill fallback to other navigation app until a new test flight version rolls out with a fix hopefully.
  • Azons
    Master Traveler
    New version on testflight made app working again on iOS 16 beta so far only 2 random crashes over the day of usage.

Good work.
  • Azons
    Master Traveler
    I want to inform that test flight version 8.445.0 works flawless on iOS 16 beta 4 on my iphone 12 pro max. So far no crashing on startup or launching issues trough CarPlay.

Good work. If something comes up in future I’ll report it asap.