Avoid tolls in specific countries option

radosuaf
radosuaf Registered Users Posts: 192
Renowned Trailblazer
I will be travelling from Poland to Croatia this summer. I'd definetely appreciate and option when you would be able to select in which countries to avoid tolls and in which not. For example in my case I'd accept tolls in Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, but not in Slovenia and Croatia.
Sygic for Android has it.

Comments

• Marek_MkZ
    Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 93
    Supreme Trailblazer
    I was asking for this as a feature request over year ago. And as former Sygic user I have admit it is the feature that I'm also missing during long vacations trips. As a workaround during navigation I'm using avoid toll road feature from route bar but it requires interaction during the trip and it makes planning the trip more difficult.
  • radosuaf
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Marek_MkZ wrote: »
    As a workaround during navigation I'm using avoid toll road feature from route bar but it requires interaction during the trip

But it may be that changing the option for one of the countries in the middle of the trip might completely change the original route.

• Marek_MkZ
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Yes I agree, it's not perfect solution - I also miss this feature and I'd like to have it in TTGo.
  • radosuaf
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited July 5
    Small tip on this - route from Poznan to Croatia:
    All routes paid:
    sq0636jg4b3g.png

10:50 hours, 1231 km, tolls in Poland

The other one, checked in Sygic:
    tzygr2ctrlh6.png

10:55 hours (+0:05 hours), 1110 km (-121 km), no tolls is Poland

What would be the better route (and navigation app)? As you can see - the second one is not even as an alternative route in the first case and the next best is an hour longer.
  • Marek_MkZ
    Supreme Trailblazer
    Try to make this route calculations in app - there are more choices of route type. When You choose "economical" You will obtain route very similar to this second example (and also with setting "short") - I've tried these settings with Your example. Unfortunately these settings are not present in MyDrive website/app. It's just different way how the fastest route is defined I think - in app there's statement that it is also the most convenient so I think this also means "take highways, main roads sa much as possible" - at least this is my impression on routing.
  • radosuaf
    Renowned Trailblazer
    It may look similar, but it's 12:23 hours (so much more time + 1.5 hours) and just 50 km less. Wouldn't pick this one.