Map of Iberia downloaded (next to 'Full EU') is not recognised ('unknown map).

TLiu
TLiu Registered Users Posts: 4
Novice Seeker
I have a SD card with an outdated full EU map. (For a build in navigation of a Smart car). I downloaded a current map of Iberia (next to the full EU map). The new map of Iberia is not recognised. Now the old EU map and the new Iberia map do not show roads.
Should I only install updates of the EU on a 'full EU' card? (And not specific parts of the EU?)
Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    edited June 17 Answer ✓
    Hi @TLiu
    Welcome to the community!
    If you have both maps installed on the device at the same time, then I would suggest that you try to remove any other maps installed on the device.

Should the Iberia map still not work, then please attach screenshots of the installed maps and any errors you see when the map of Iberia is selected on the device.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • TLiu
    Novice Seeker
    edited June 18 Answer ✓
    NOTE: The original question is not answered; this is an answer to an issue that popped up along the way
    I managed to solve the 'Unknown Navcore Version' issue by following the same route as sunnysmart, see post https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1117655/unknown-navcore-version-error-smart-media-connect
  • TLiu
    Novice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    The problem is solved ! But I think my assessment that there was a problem was premature all along ;-)
    When choosing one of the two maps installed I did not see roads on the map in the location I was, only major ones near the capital (in this case Funchal).
    I followed your advise and deleted Europe and installed only Iberia and after some updating/rebooting/installing/rebooting finally the Iberia map was loaded and again there were no roads visible but when I started navigation to some destination all roads were visible. I suppose the device only starts loading those parts of the map which it needs on the fly (which make sense: it does not have to load all gigabytes before it can start).

Thanks for your support. For my part: now I got to know more about the device, the software & how to keep things updated :-)
    ###

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    edited June 17 Answer ✓
    Hi @TLiu
    Welcome to the community!
    If you have both maps installed on the device at the same time, then I would suggest that you try to remove any other maps installed on the device.

Should the Iberia map still not work, then please attach screenshots of the installed maps and any errors you see when the map of Iberia is selected on the device.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • TLiu
    Novice Seeker
    Thanks for your reply. I still have to try your suggestion, since I encountered an other issue.

The good thing is I managed to restore the SD to the old state (full EU map but old version).
    For updating the SD card I use Smart Media Connect app which worked for the last few days but now when starting this program (with or without SD card inserted) I get the following error message: 'Unknown Navcore Version'. Reinstalling Smart Media Connect did not improve the situation.
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks
  • TLiu
    Novice Seeker
    edited June 18 Answer ✓
    NOTE: The original question is not answered; this is an answer to an issue that popped up along the way
    I managed to solve the 'Unknown Navcore Version' issue by following the same route as sunnysmart, see post https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1117655/unknown-navcore-version-error-smart-media-connect
  • TLiu
    Novice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    The problem is solved ! But I think my assessment that there was a problem was premature all along ;-)
    When choosing one of the two maps installed I did not see roads on the map in the location I was, only major ones near the capital (in this case Funchal).
    I followed your advise and deleted Europe and installed only Iberia and after some updating/rebooting/installing/rebooting finally the Iberia map was loaded and again there were no roads visible but when I started navigation to some destination all roads were visible. I suppose the device only starts loading those parts of the map which it needs on the fly (which make sense: it does not have to load all gigabytes before it can start).

Thanks for your support. For my part: now I got to know more about the device, the software & how to keep things updated :-)
    ###