No voice instructions when radio is on on head unit

HeinK
HeinK Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
I have the Android app installed at an Android head unit in my car. If functions properly. However, once I turn the FM radio on, the spoken instructions stop. It could have something to do with the head unit or with the app or both. Does anybody have an idea to get the sounds to mix?

Comments

• Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,580
    Community Manager
    Hello and welcome to our forum.

The app is meant for smartphones and not tested on head units. If your head unit supports Android Auto or Apple CarPlay then that's a way to go.
  • HeinK
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you for the reply. This is useful. I do have Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support, so I will certainly try this. But if there is someone out there with tips how this could work on my head unit, let me know!
  • MUP
    MUP Posts: 750
    Superuser
    HeinK wrote: »
    ... Does anybody have an idea to get the sounds to mix?
    Did you try different AudioOut-Channels inside the App ?

The default setup is Music.
    Change this in the list one-by-one, then go back and check the effect immedately by selecting a voice also inside the App.
  • HeinK
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have just found out that with Spotify, it works as intended. But with the radio it doesn't. So maybe a flaw in the radio app.
  • HeinK
    Apprentice Traveler
    Meanwhile, I have installed NavRadio+ in stead of the standard radio and everything works fine!