Celebrity Voices

rjb100
rjb100 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
I have a Start 20 device which has Darth Vader and Brian Blessed celebrity voices installed (and paid for!) on it. I was wondering how I go about having these transferred to my new Go Classic 6" as I can't seem to find this option anywhere.

Many Thanks in advance

Richard.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,773
    Elite Voyager
    Celebrity voices are no longer available on the online store, so Tomtom has stopped assigning them to the account.
  • rjb100
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the reply. Maybe it's just me being a bit dim but I don't understand - I'm not looking to buy the voices as I already have them on my existing unit and they are already assigned to my account. All I am looking to do is have them transferred to my new device. Any help would be appreciated.
    Richard.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,773
    Elite Voyager
    You cannot transfer voices from one device to another.
  • rjb100
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the reply.
    So what you're saying is that although I have paid for these and can still use them on my old device without any issues (other than the maps are well out of date) they can't be transferred between devices even though they are on my account?
    The ability to have these voices is one of the reasons I chose TomTom in the first instance and chose again for a second time.
    I find this strange as having looked further into this it seems that the forum moderators @VikramK or @lampard have done this for others in the past.
    I don't mean to sound argumentative or contradictory, maybe it's a little bit of panic or frustration spilling out, I'm just looking for some clarity.
    Many Thanks again
    Richard
  • VikramK
    VikramK Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 14,712 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    Hi @rjb100

Just like maps and LIVE services, voices are non-transferable. As an exception (gesture of goodwill), we used to activate them on the account for our users who bought a new device. However, the decision to discontinue all paid/celebrity voices, unfortunately refrains us to re-assign them on the account. Sorry :(

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • rjb100
    Apprentice Seeker
    So it was possible, but no longer. Sounds like I should have bought a new one sooner or perhaps paid through the nose for new maps just to keep the voices instead.

Thanks for clearing that up Vikram, much appreciated.

Richard