Transfer route with stops and shaping points from MyDrive to Rider 550

Robin_M
Robin_M Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited June 13 in RIDER
SORRY! I am 1000% sure this is a much-asked, multiply-answered question but STILL, years later, I cannot believe it's this difficult with TomTom...

Very simple. I have created a route in the MyDrive web app. Let's assume it's a simple A-to-B route, with a couple of shaping points and one halfway stop (actually added as a stop). What is in MyDrive is exactly the route I want in my Rider 550.

1. I can sync as a track. But that's no good, navigating along a track is really haphazard and if you change the plan part way along it's horrible.

2. There seem to be lots of help pages on the web saying saying to click on "Send Route to Device from the Popup Menu" - but I never see a popup menu.

3. There is an option "Send Stops" but nothing seems to send, nothing seems to be received, I have literally no idea what this is doing!

4. I read somewhere I could transfer by creating an ITN route (in a different non-TomTom app) and storing them in a directory on the TomTom using USB... but seriously, we are well into the 21st century... is this really the best option?

I just don't understand TomTom!!! The online planner is pretty good actually (MUCH better than Garmin Basecamp). But then, it seems, there is NO WAY to take that route in MyDrive and put it onto the device so you can ACTUALLY USE IT!!!!

Guys. Seriously. What am I missing?

If anyone can tell me how to do this without using either a USB cable, or a third party app, or a memory card, or having to resort to navigating along a track... I will owe you a cigar!

Thank you!

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited June 14
    Hi
    @Robin_M
    Welcome to the site....
    Firstly, Are you logged into MyDrive on the Rider 550
    Here... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive ???

Robin_M wrote: »
    (Snip) 2. There seem to be lots of help pages on the web saying saying to click on "Send Route to Device from the Popup Menu" - but I never see a popup menu. (Snip)
    Re... The MyDrive Smartphone App
    Is this the missing pop-up menu option....
    (1)... Using the 'MyDrive App' (I used the iPhone version)... Plan your route
    (2)... At the bottom of the screen the three route options are displayed... The select your required route (In this instance for me the 'Fastest' already has a blue square Icon)
    (3)... Tap on the selected route or if required one of the alternate routes... (The chosen route now displays the coloured square Icon and a 'v' symbol)
    (4)... Tap the chosen route (The one with the coloured square Icon)
    (5)... The 'Save to MyRoutes' option opens
    (6)... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Tap MyRoutes... Select and Tap the newly synced Route

Note... If you wish to return to the three Route options swipe downwards on the bottom of the screen....

Re... The MyDrive Web Route planner
    I assume you are using the Save & Sync route option i.e... a .GPX Track...

(1)... If you 'Save 'n' Sync' (GPX Track)... The device will follow the track like a Breadcrumb trail...
    The track is fixed, and the device will >> NOT << display the Stops or respond to Live Traffic... Also, a .GPX Track can be a little hit or miss for a complex journey
    I much prefer .ITN Routes, for me .GPX tracks for complex journeys are totally useless....
    I would suspect they would also be useless for most delivery drivers....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1708222/#Comment_1708222

(2).... The Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route the .ITN Route uses Stops The Stops >> ARE << displayed on the screen when Navigating and the device will plan the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it....
    i.e... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route --> 'Skip Next Stop'....

For more Info/tips using the MDW Route planner....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1707989/#Comment_1707989

Stay Safe... ATB YFM