Unmade Roads

Kevhart100
Kevhart100 Registered Users Posts: 18
Legendary Explorer
Why are roads marked as unmade in MyDrive / Mapshare, shown as normal roads suitable for navigation on the app? A few times now, the app has tried to send me down unsuitable roads. Latest example is located here - 52.023444, 1.151474

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,766
    Elite Voyager
    It's also not a path?

8n3go4lmcwtc.jpg
  • Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,174
    Superuser
    I used to live in Wherstead before the Food Hall was built, and many vehicles used that concrete road
    Here is the other end
    insi8tf1lct0.png
  • Kevhart100
    Legendary Explorer
    The point is that it is not a public road, and as I said it is marked as such on MyDrive and mapshare but as a normal road on the app, I would appreciate if the developers could explain why there is a difference between the maps.
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    edited June 12
    @Kevhart100

It's not a public road but if someone wants to visit someone who lives on the road, you'll blame Tomtom for not having the road listed.

Report the error via https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare/#loc=0.00000,0.00000,2
  • Kevhart100
    Legendary Explorer
    I have already said it is correct on mapshare
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Ok if it is correct on mapshare.
    Willy875 wrote: »

It's not a public road but if someone wants to visit someone who lives on the road, you'll blame Tomtom for not having the road listed.

• Niall
    Niall Posts: 11,174
    Superuser
    @Kevhart100

When I lived there 25 years ago and was the parish councillor responsible for footpaths that was a public right of way that the Paul's estate had concreted over so that it became an "estate" road, have you checked it's current status with Suffolk County Council's 'rights of way' officer?
    Here is an extract from their map
    zpcxtdt0hqqw.png
  • Kevhart100
    Legendary Explorer
    Thanks Niall, it is an estate road, the southen end of it runs through the farm yard to the north of the Suffolk Food Hall blocked to vehicular traffic by gates. I thought posting an example might be helpful but seems to have distracted from the original point of my question which was why the track is in incorrectly in the app as a normal road but on MyDrive / Mapshare correctly marked as a track not for routine navigation.
  • MUP
    MUP Posts: 750
    Superuser
    edited June 14
    The same in Germany: Many streets are marked as blocked or limited in the App using grey colored points or dashes since starting of this week.
    The reason: roadworks in reality!
    So this is a new feature, but right for me.