Access to USA map on GO Discover with world maps

doorman1950
doorman1950 surreyRegistered Users Posts: 9
Master Explorer
edited June 9 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have just purchased a new GO Discover with world maps. Device only shows Europe as being installed. How do I add USA Map to the device as I assume world maps means all maps and that I don't have to purchase additional maps. Plugging device into my laptop does not show it connecting so assume all is done via WIFI.
Thanks in advance for help

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited June 8 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @doorman1950
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, and people working from home, have delayed the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,769
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Main Menu > Settings > Maps & Display > Downloaded Maps > In the corner you will see "Add" option when device is connected to WiFi

Not connecting it to your computer was connecting it to an AC charger.

Answers

• YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited June 8 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @doorman1950
    The restrictions as a result of the COVID-19, and people working from home, have delayed the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,769
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Main Menu > Settings > Maps & Display > Downloaded Maps > In the corner you will see "Add" option when device is connected to WiFi

Not connecting it to your computer was connecting it to an AC charger.
  • doorman1950
    doorman1950 surreyRegistered Users Posts: 9
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for the two respondent replies. My TT is now showing the rest of world maps available and is just starting the download / updates. Quick replies were very much appreciated.
    Regards
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @doorman1950
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM