How many devices can we use with one subscription?

PJMACCA
PJMACCA Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
I have been installing on the different Tablets we have and mobiles to see the best screen size to use, and then thought how does the subscription work ?

1. As once the trial ends does it lock the googleplay subscription to one device or will it work on all of them just not at the same time ? {google play usually covers all devices}
  2. How do I ensure if it will only work on one device, it's the device I want (do I need to uninstall it from the other devices before subscription starts ?)
  3. Once active if only allowed and locked to one device, are we able to transfer it to another if we update that device to a new one ? (and whats the process)

And enjoying testing the beta so does this come under the same rules ?
do we get any discount as running on the beta ...lol ?

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,769
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    It seems to me that the number is limited to 6 for Android.

If after 7 days you do not subscribe automatically, the subscription of the account which allowed you to do the free trial is blocked.

The beta version is the same price as the public version.
  • bettyblue22
    bettyblue22 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    I want to know the answer to this as well.
    I have my TomTom for the car but I also have an app on my iPhone, When the subscription ran out on my app I had to then pay for the following 12 months again even though it is connected to my Tom Tom go as it put all of my favourites in.????????
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    On IOS with the family plan the subscription is limited to 5 devices if no family plan the subscription is limited to 1 device.

Answers

• Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    It seems to me that the number is limited to 6 for Android.

If after 7 days you do not subscribe automatically, the subscription of the account which allowed you to do the free trial is blocked.

The beta version is the same price as the public version.
  • bettyblue22
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    I want to know the answer to this as well.
    I have my TomTom for the car but I also have an app on my iPhone, When the subscription ran out on my app I had to then pay for the following 12 months again even though it is connected to my Tom Tom go as it put all of my favourites in.????????
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    On IOS with the family plan the subscription is limited to 5 devices if no family plan the subscription is limited to 1 device.
  • bettyblue22
    Apprentice Traveler
    So, I have to pay out the annual fee again for using the App?
    Not really able to use on other devices as advertised then?
  • MUP
    MUP Posts: 750
    Superuser
    edited August 21
    TT will check the qualification for the Google-family-account: 5 different eMail-accounts plus the owner in the same county.
    I have asked this here
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/1147595/feature-request-app-qualifikation-fuer-die-google-play-familienmediathek

If you want to use the only 1-time-paid Android-App on different devices today at the same time, you have to use the same eMail-account on these devices.

Did you buy the sub at TT's internal shop or at Google's playstore?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    @Bettyblue22 is talking about the app on iPhone so I don't think Google can help or I misunderstood the question?
  • MUP
    MUP Posts: 750
    Superuser
    So Betty is talking about the good old times :'(
  • bettyblue22
    Apprentice Traveler
    I am on about the app on the iPhone, as I have to pay out another yearly subscription for that one, even though it is linked to my tom tom account.
    I was thinking of getting another device to use due to the offer of a % reduction, but I noticed that this is only for the car/van/campers and not if you buy an extra one for a motorcycle?
  • Willy875
    Elite Voyager
    @bettyblue22

contact Tomtom customer service to see with them if they can give you a discount for the purchase of a motorcycle GPS.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/
    How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • flamingm0e
    flamingm0e Registered Users Posts: 36
    Prominent Wayfarer
    I am on about the app on the iPhone

In the Android subforum...