Synchronization routes between MyDrive and GO app

CAS60
CAS60 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
When I create a route in the MyDrive app, it does not appear in the GO app. Both apps are on my iPhone. I'm logged into my account with both apps. MyPlaces do sync. I cannot remove routes that have been synchronized in the past from the list. I don't understand how a global company like TomTom can't manage this well. Who can help me?

Machine translated from Dutch!s

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @CAS60

As I said when you are creating the route do not use the Current Position in the Box but Input an address very, very near to where you are instead.

Regarding the My Routes list you cannot delete Routes in the list unless they were created in the App and saved to My Routes. These Routes will have an Arrow with a Solid Shaft against the and will not have synced back to your Account so being able to delete them in the App is the only way to remove them from the My Routes list on the App

Doug
  • CAS60
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited May 30 Answer ✓
    Hi Doug, I have planned a tour as you described in the most important message. This indeed became available in the GO app. I hope it continues to work. Thanks for your help !!!

Machine translated from Dutch!

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    edited May 27
    Hi @CAS60

Are all your Routes using your Current Position as the Start Point. If so there appears to be a bug whereby if you put say your neighbours and sometime your own actual address as the start point then Syncing between the 2 Apps works.

Doug
  • CAS60
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited May 30
    I plan my routes with the starting point “current location”. Save the route in “My routes”. I get the message that the synchronization was successful/complete and then the route does not appear in the GO app. Do I have to plan from a fixed address? In the GO app I also cannot change the list of “My routes” because this button is not active.

• Levisp
    Levisp Registered Users Posts: 93
    Supreme Navigator
    Thank you Doug. I have posted this problem on a number of occasions but had no solution. Tried yours and blow me got the route to sync !!
  • CAS60
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited May 30
    What is the solution then?

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @CAS60

As I said when you are creating the route do not use the Current Position in the Box but Input an address very, very near to where you are instead.

Regarding the My Routes list you cannot delete Routes in the list unless they were created in the App and saved to My Routes. These Routes will have an Arrow with a Solid Shaft against the and will not have synced back to your Account so being able to delete them in the App is the only way to remove them from the My Routes list on the App

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Levisp

Your welcome.

Doug
  • CAS60
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited May 30 Answer ✓
    Hi Doug, I have planned a tour as you described in the most important message. This indeed became available in the GO app. I hope it continues to work. Thanks for your help !!!

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @CAS60

Glad to help.

Doug