Only Europe map on TomTom GO Expert 6 Discover

KenDaniel_1
KenDaniel_1 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
Hi!

I recently bought a TomTOm GO Expert 6 Discover with world wide map. But it only has europe map. I bought a world wide map separately thinking this might be the solution. But it cant be found or installed. I think something is wrong here. I would to have world wide map on the device otherwise the device has no use for me. Help please!

/Daniel

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @KenDaniel_1

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and sort out your units settings on the TT servers which will enable you to get access to the World Maps option. Your unit has not set itself up completely on the servers when you did the initial set up which appears to happen from time to time. Its not something you have missed doing.

Regarding the buying of the World Maps you need to contact TT via Chat to organise a refund.

There have been no phone lines to Customer Support since the start of Covid and no indication that the facility will return.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this even although you were logged in on the Forum page)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available, during normal working hours Mon/Fri, you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message but you should concentrate on Chat

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • KenDaniel_1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thx Doug! Wasnt able to chat although it was within the stated working time. Sent an e-mail though. Im going to the states next week so i hope they can fix it rather soon. Otherwise the whole purchase is useless.

/Daniel
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,710
    edited May 30
    Hi @KenDaniel_1
    Welcome to the community!
    The service for map updates is already active for your TomTom GO Discover.

Do not connect the device to a computer using a USB cable.

Ensure that it's connected to a strong WiFi® internet.

Go to - Main menu-Settings- Map & Display -Downloaded Maps - tap on Add (blue button at the right bottom corner).

Regards,
    Vikram.

• KenDaniel_1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram!

Tnx for the info!

When i first got it there wasnt even an "add" symbol. Now there is an "add" symbol and i have downloaded the needed maps. Thx for your assistance!

How about the separate buy of a world map, which i thought was necessary for access to world map? Can you contact Klarna about the buy and stop it?

/Daniel

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @KenDaniel_1

You will need to contact Customer Support via the method I indicated earlier to stop any Payment or get a refund.

Doug
  • KenDaniel_1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have tried all kinds of logins. The chatbox disappears whilst trying to login. Have done it step by step as you said (and other ways too).

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @KenDaniel_1

Just tried it with Firefox and got through to the advice that Chat is closed due to the Holiday.

Doug
  • KenDaniel_1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Alright! Tnx again for your support!!