Tomtom rider 500 recharging

Zbyda
Zbyda Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
Hello, I have a problem charging the navigation TomTom rider 500, the original holder does not charge my navigation. It works normally via USB charging, but not via the holder on the motorcycle, the electricity goes to the holder, you don't know where the problem may be? I have the GPS updated, I tried to restart and even restore the factory settings, thank you.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,766
    Elite Voyager
    Hi

Check if the small pins of the support come out well to come into contact with the GPS contacts.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Zbyda
    Welcome to the site....
    n4vb8bz00koi.jpg
    The contact pins are spring loaded and protrude 1.5mm from the face of the Mount....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Zbyda
    New Seeker
    sitting and not working. i tried gps to connect the wires to the holder and it doesn't work.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Zbyda
    Has charging the Rider 500 through the mount ever worked ???
    Is the mount wiring connected directly to the Motocycle battery ??? or connected to the bikes Wiring harness....
    Is it connected to a 12Volt supply....
    Have you checked the earth connection ??? Is it corroded ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Zbyda
    New Seeker
    yes a year and a half it worked. and cabling assembled by Honda Service
  • Zbyda
    New Seeker
    and the connection is not directly to the battery
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Zbyda
    Did Honda use an existing fused connection point or fit an inline fuse... Is the fuse OK
    Are the contact pins in the mount seized or free to move...

ATB YFM
  • Zbyda
    New Seeker
    so in the end i disassembled the motorcycle and the problem is in the power cord of the bracket. both pins showed me that the same current goes into them so somewhere the cable is damaged and they touch each other. I pulled the cable a bit and the charging works (yet) when I get home I have to buy a new one and this time I will install it myself and not in the service. Thank you all very much for your help and advice. :)