GO 520 Wifi no World map

CNTower
CNTower Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited May 22 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello,

My Tomtom 520 has only the EU map and does not offer me to download any other country even though it is supposed to be world. When I look at Menu> Settings> Add Map I have only EU. I understand that I need to delete EU to have another one but it does not offer me the possibility. I tried to do it also through the app but only EU again. What shall I do?
Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    Answer ✓
    Hi @CNTower

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and try adding maps.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Hi @CNTower

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK says after he has reviewed your units settings on the TT servers and adjusted them where required.

Your unit will not allow you to delete all maps as it requires a map to be present to enable it to boot up. It is also a good idea to have at least 2 maps on it so that if during an update of one map if there is an issue and you lose it the other map is still present.

You can also add a Micro SD class 10 branded card like a Sandisk, Samsung or similar and a 16gb or max 32 gb is recommended. When fitting one of these cards for storing additional maps you should be asked if you want it formatted by your device for Maps.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,712
    Answer ✓
    Hi @CNTower

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and try adding maps.

Regards, Vikram