'Cannot connect to server' error while downloading the map

Z750Jay
Z750Jay Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
Just downloaded the TomTom Go mobile app and am trying to download the map of Europe but keep getting the "Cannot connect to server error"

Best Answer

• Z750Jay
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Looks like I finally managed to download a map. Had to turn off my phones Wi-Fi, then it would let me access the map server. Then I had to say yes when asked if I wanted to download over my phone connection. Once 2% had downloaded, I turned on the phones Wi-Fi connection and turned off the mobile connection and it downloaded the rest of the map data

Answers

• Z750Jay
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Looks like I finally managed to download a map. Had to turn off my phones Wi-Fi, then it would let me access the map server. Then I had to say yes when asked if I wanted to download over my phone connection. Once 2% had downloaded, I turned on the phones Wi-Fi connection and turned off the mobile connection and it downloaded the rest of the map data
  • MUP
    MUP Posts: 750
    Superuser
    edited May 20
    Just let or set the Android option "Mobile Data parallel to Wifi" in state ON.
    Then the TT GO App is ready to communicate to any DNS-Server, getting the IP of NDS-maps-server by using an attribute called "host".
    Using Wifi allone lead in some cases block the DNS name resolution.

NDS-tools_Map-viewer-online_search.gif

pic taken from https://nds-association.org/