Replace email account provider on my TomTom Go.

Lugwalker
Lugwalker Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
On my TomTom Go device my account email address attached to that account no longer works as the provider (Eircom.net) has gone out of business. This means that when I enter the Eircom.net password attached my TomTom account it no longer works. There's no option available in the TomTom Go to delete the Eircom email address and replace it with Gmail, for example.. I'm now wondering how I can delete the non-functioning Eircom.net and replace it with a Gmail one. Thank you.

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Lugwalker

Tap menu/settings/system/reset device.

You will then lose all your current data and will be able to set the unit up as you did originally putting in your new email address which you have set up as your new account.

Doug
  • Lugwalker
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thanks, Doug.

Will I lose all my maps if I reset my device? Is there anything else which I'd lose?

:
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,766
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Lugwalker

No, you don't lose your cards, only routes and addresses are deleted before the reset, connect your Go to Mydrive to save them.
  • Lugwalker
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thank you.

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Lugwalker

Tap menu/settings/system/reset device.

You will then lose all your current data and will be able to set the unit up as you did originally putting in your new email address which you have set up as your new account.

Doug
  • Lugwalker
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thanks, Doug.

Will I lose all my maps if I reset my device? Is there anything else which I'd lose?

:
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,766
    Elite Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Lugwalker

No, you don't lose your cards, only routes and addresses are deleted before the reset, connect your Go to Mydrive to save them.
  • Lugwalker
    Apprentice Traveler
    Answer ✓
    Thank you.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Lugwalker

As has been said you will not lose your Maps, including any you may have purchased, indeed they will stay as will the operating system as the version currently on the device.

Doug