Stolen TomTom device

pkuskopf
pkuskopf Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
My device was stolen, and I have deleted it from my account to minimise any chance of information loss. If I buy another TomTom device, do I retain all my current subscription information and maps that I've already paid for?

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,865
    Superuser
    edited May 13 Answer ✓
    Hi @pkuskopf

Sorry to hear about your unit being stolen.

The first thing to do is to change the Password for your My Drive account so that all your data is saved and the "new owner" won't be able to access the account. Go to the My Drive Website and use the Forgotten password option to effect the change. Also when you get a replacement unit you can use the same account so that the data will sync to that. It is possible for Tomtom to disable the device in that it will no longer be able to be associated with their Servers however to get this arranged you will have to contact customer support who will require specific evidence to prove it has been stolen , ie Police number etc,

To contact Customer Support you need to use Chat.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug

PS I hope you did not set your actual Home address as Home as it is a good idea to set somewhere away from your actual address to cover in the event of the unit being stolen.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,451
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    pkuskopf wrote: »
    My device was stolen, and I have deleted it from my account to minimise any chance of information loss. If I buy another TomTom device, do I retain all my current subscription information and maps that I've already paid for?

Subscriptions and maps are not transferable to another device, new ones now have lifetime maps and for some devices lifetime speed cameras.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,865
    Superuser
    edited May 13 Answer ✓
    Hi @pkuskopf

Sorry to hear about your unit being stolen.

The first thing to do is to change the Password for your My Drive account so that all your data is saved and the "new owner" won't be able to access the account. Go to the My Drive Website and use the Forgotten password option to effect the change. Also when you get a replacement unit you can use the same account so that the data will sync to that. It is possible for Tomtom to disable the device in that it will no longer be able to be associated with their Servers however to get this arranged you will have to contact customer support who will require specific evidence to prove it has been stolen , ie Police number etc,

To contact Customer Support you need to use Chat.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug

PS I hope you did not set your actual Home address as Home as it is a good idea to set somewhere away from your actual address to cover in the event of the unit being stolen.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,451
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    pkuskopf wrote: »

Subscriptions and maps are not transferable to another device, new ones now have lifetime maps and for some devices lifetime speed cameras.