Screen changing on the tomtom rider 550 when driving

Shister66
Shister66 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited May 13 in RIDER
Hi Guys

My Rider 550 unit will automatically zoom out / in then change to full country view and then revert again at random whilst riding. I have tried resets and on latest firmware etc. Is this a vibration thing as it is mounted on the Touratech cushioned mount etc. stumped and really infuriating and almost unusable???

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,809
    Hi @Shister66
    Welcome to the community!
    This could indeed be happening due to the vibrations, any reason you aren't using the TomTom supplied mount?

Also, important to check if the screen orientation lock is 'ON'.
    Main mein > Settings > Appearance > Display > Turn ON Orientation lock

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • moteroo
    moteroo Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hello, I have exactly the same problem since I updated the map to the latest version (1090). I do use the TomTom supplied mount and also have the orientation view blocked. I've never had any problems before and I haven't made any changes other than updating the map. I have restored to factory values ​​and even removed the screen protector that I had on, but nothing, it continues to do so.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited May 24
    Hi
    @moteroo
    Is your Automatic zoom.... Set to 'Zoom in to next turn' ???
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Automatic zoom....
    If it set to 'Zoom in to next turn ???...
    I find that In the countryside, the 'Zoom in to next turn' screen view is far to Zoomed out to be of any practical use
    It's like the view from the Intentional Space Station....

I also find that the 2D driving view and zoom 'Based on road type'... is a far better option....

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • moteroo
    moteroo Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hello again, the zoom is always on none, and with 3D driving view because I don't like it in 2D. I've tried disabling Advance Lane Guidance, but it doesn't improve either.

I have had this GPS for 3 years and never had a problem with it until I put the 1090 map.