can I plan a route on the pc and transfer it to my tom tom navigation app, if so how?

DaisySmith_1
DaisySmith_1 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
can I plan a route on the pc and transfer it to my tom tom navigation app, if so how?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
  • DaisySmith_1
    DaisySmith_1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    This does not answer the question this is for connecting your TomTom device to your 'phone not your 'phone to the PC. I have the tom tom mobile navigation app on my 'phone and I want to plan a route on the nice big monitor of the pc and then transfer it to my 'phone.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    If you connect the application installed on your phone to Mydrive on your computer with the same credentials, your route will be automatically transferred.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    edited May 12
    Hi @DaisySmith_1

@Willy875 was quite right when he gave you the link which if you use opens the Tomtom My Drive Website on which you can create routes using your PC. You have to log in on the webpage using the same account details as you have on your GO Nav App. When you have created the route you want you have 2 options. ie Tap send Destination or Stops and it will send the route to your App or you Save the route to My Routes on the Webpage then making sure you have selected Sync to my devices then it is sent and saved in the My Routes Folder on the App.

Be aware there is a difference in the routes. If you send the Destination or Stops then you are sending a .ITN file and when you follow the route then the normal traffic data functions will apply . If however you save it to My Routes and sync it to the App then when you select the route on the App it will be a breadcrumb route ie it will religiously direct you along it even if the route is blocked or there are traffic jams It is what is known as a track

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1037877/creating-your-own-routes-with-mydrive#latest

Doug.