Weekly Updates.

Teecee259
Teecee259 Registered Users Posts: 55
Renowned Trailblazer
Have TomTom stopped doing weekly updates? I've not had any for a couple of weeks now on the Expert. I'm sure there should be at least some even if it is error corrections. The last one I had was a full map update so I'm wondering if this will turn into a monthly occurance now?

Comments

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 412
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Teecee259

I too have noticed the paucity of weekly updates on the Go Expert (+ Go Discover) and cannot recall the last time I saw one.

FYI, I submitted a map correction via Mapshare on the 27th April which was rapidly accepted and then marked as Fixed on the 28th :

If you look on MyDrive (web), on the M25 Clockwise between Jct 27 & 28 (Co-ords: 51.668360, 0.156214, Mapcode GBR RJ.G1S) there is a 6 Mile long “phantom” restriction:

But dependent on which device or app you use, the same Phantom restriction is reported differently ! :D

Flooding – Lane Closed (MyDrive / Go Camper)
    Rock Falls – Narrow Lanes (Go Expert / Discover / Android App)
    Multi Vehicle accident - Narrow Lanes (IOS App)

It was not until earlier this week that I saw a Map update on the Go App on my phones, that corrected the phantom restriction.

All my Classic Map devices + MyDrive (web & Phone App) still show the phantom restriction................. :s

Mysteriously on my Go Discover I have not seen any Map updates but the phantom restriction has been removed? :*

And on the Go Expert the phantom restriction is still showing. :/

@lampard @VikramK @Jurgen.

It would be good to get clarification of when we should expect Map updates to be issued for all Tomtom App & Devices (Classic Maps / NDS) and in particular have the weekly updates on the Go Discover and Go Expert been removed totally / should we only expect Monthly Map updates ??
  • Teecee259
    Renowned Trailblazer
    @Lost_Soul yeah strange. As I said even on the remote chance there were no actual road changes that week at least there are enough road errors to be getting on with.
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 412
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Teecee259

Another week has passed and still no weekly map updates on the Go Expert..................
    Plus the phantom restriction on the M25 reported via Mapshare, showing as 'fixed' on the 28th April is still erroneously reporting "Rock Falls" for 6 miles :/

@lampard @VikramK @Jurgen.

It would be good to get clarification of when we should expect Map updates to be issued for all Tomtom App & Devices (Classic Maps / NDS) and in particular have the weekly updates on the Go Discover and Go Expert been removed totally / should we only expect Monthly Map updates ?? :s

• Teecee259
    Renowned Trailblazer
    One of the major buying points for me was the weekly updates on the Go Expert. This now seems to have gone by the wayside. I'm very disappointed at the lack of loyalty TomTom are showing towards their customers, and yes there are no weekly updates again!! At least give us an update on the current situation TomTom.
  • Teecee259
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Had a big map update this morning thanks TomTom. Just a bit more information on when the updates will be available. Weekly or Monthly? Thanks again.
  • mapfanatic
    mapfanatic Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Revered Voyager
    When doesn't matter, only one thing counts here, we need top maps!! B)
  • Teecee259
    Renowned Trailblazer
    @mapfanatic, when certainly does matter if it has been sold as having weekly updates etc. I would prefer little and often rather than waiting a month for a huge update, just personal opinion.