No My Routes on TomTom in Smart Media-System

nigelbbb
nigelbbb Registered Users Posts: 111
Supreme Navigator
I have a Smart Media-System in my 2017 Smart 453. I just discovered that while I can add GPX routes to TomTom MyDrive there is no My Routes option in TomTom on the Smart Media-System like there is on the TomTom Go Navigation on my iPhone. Am I missing something? How do I update the Smart Media-System so that I have the option of My Routes?

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,814
    edited May 11 Answer ✓
    HI @nigelbbb
    The Smart media doesn't support the sync feature using MyDrive.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    I would suggest referring to the user manual for the device, I don't see it support MyDrive sync or support.
    The route can be planned and saved on the device-

https://www.evilution.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/smartmanuals/radiomanual/453smartmediasystem.pdf (page 31)

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • AngryBird
    AngryBird Registered Users Posts: 148
    Exalted Navigator
    Answer ✓
    Smart Media system is one of the system neglected by TomTom unfortunatley.
  • nigelbbb
    Supreme Navigator
    Answer ✓
    Our solution is to use my wife's iPad Mini running TomTom GO Navigation. Loading up the GPX file into My Routes then flip the iPad so it hangs down in front of the Smart Media system screen. Using the iPad has worked well. It's a faster system with higher resolution maps that connects to the Smart via a USB cable for charging & spoken directions via the onboard audio.

Answers

• VikramK
    edited May 11 Answer ✓
    HI @nigelbbb
    The Smart media doesn't support the sync feature using MyDrive.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • nigelbbb
    Supreme Navigator
    How do I enter routes on the Smart Media-System if it doesn't work with MyDrive?
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    I would suggest referring to the user manual for the device, I don't see it support MyDrive sync or support.
    The route can be planned and saved on the device-

https://www.evilution.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/smartmanuals/radiomanual/453smartmediasystem.pdf (page 31)

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • nigelbbb
    Supreme Navigator
    Thanks for the link. I already had the manual. There doesn't appear to be any way to add routes from a GPX file. You can only enter up to four waypoints on a route.

The problem is that my wife is learning to drive. I have the test routes from the driving test centre as a GPX file. There are twenty or thirty waypoints in each file. I can add these to the TomTom Go Navigation on my iPhone but would really like to add them to the TomTom on the Smart Media-System as this is what we use when driving normally plus it has a bigger screen.
  • AngryBird
    AngryBird Registered Users Posts: 148
    Exalted Navigator
    Answer ✓
    Smart Media system is one of the system neglected by TomTom unfortunatley.
  • nigelbbb
    Supreme Navigator
    Answer ✓
    Our solution is to use my wife's iPad Mini running TomTom GO Navigation. Loading up the GPX file into My Routes then flip the iPad so it hangs down in front of the Smart Media system screen. Using the iPad has worked well. It's a faster system with higher resolution maps that connects to the Smart via a USB cable for charging & spoken directions via the onboard audio.