Update not being applied to device despite purchase

Stan_Cook06
Stan_Cook06 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
I own a Tom Tom GOLIVE 1005 Sat-Nav for which I purchased a Europe map update some months ago at a cost of £49 or so. The moneys have been debited from my account but I am unable to download the update because it is simply not available for me to download despite everything I have done. I am rather disappointed that I am unable to contact Tom Tom directly on this matter so I must kindly ask you guys what I can do to download my purchase
Many thanks in advance
Stan

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,817
    Superuser
    Hi @Stan_Cook06

If your units serial number start SF or SB the unit has been declared obsolete and you should not have been able to buy a map.

If the unit starts with a different prefix then you need to contact Tomtom Customer Support via Chat, not the Chatbot, and they should be able to sort it for you when you give them the purchase details.

There have been no phone lines to Customer Support since the start of Covid and no indication that the facility will return.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

There has been an issue today that when you get to the point where you input Contact the box was flashing and so not working. Look back later during normal working hours as it is a known issue they are working on.

Doug