MyDrive fails to sync new route

UKBloke
UKBloke Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
I'm using TomTom Go and MyDrive apps on my iPhone 12 and use them on my Motorbike

A few issues:
I was away at the weekend, and for the first time I tried to create a route to ride using the MyDrive app, it gave the attached error each time I tried to save it, I gave up in the end.
I have just tried it at home (on the wifi) and still the same problem, although when I login the the web based MyDrive I can see the route even though it said it failed to sync, but I can't see this route in the GO app even though the Sync is enabled so the MyDrive app seems to be a complete waste of time as it won't allow me to create new route and then ride the route using the GO app, I'm guessing this is a bug.

Also, why can't the MyDrive app simply share the new route directly to the GO app on the phone rather than having to go via the Cloud which relies on a good data signal?
The share option is there but the GO app isn't in the list of apps to share to... this doesn't make sense, I can Share it to an Email but not to the GO app!! why not?

2wpkr5s4fddf.png
Tagged:

Answers

• Levisp
    Levisp Registered Users Posts: 92
    Supreme Navigator
    Yup I get the same and have done for as long as I can remember. MyDrive IOS app is broken and I have posted requests numerous times on this forum. Unfortunately I never get a reply so don't hold your breadth it is going to be fixed soon. If you want a great motorcycle riding app then have a look at Scenic 3. Not only does it have a planner that makes MyDrive something the Flintstones would have used, but you can import and export directly into and from the app GPX files. Great filing system and can track and save rides. I have given up on TomTom.
  • UKBloke
    UKBloke Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks
    I was using Calimoto but the recent update has ruined that hence why I've moved over to TT but that doesn't seem fit for purpose either..
    I'll check out the app you mentioned.
  • Levisp
    Levisp Registered Users Posts: 92
    Supreme Navigator
    Yes Calimoto's recent update has not done it any favours. Scenic is a much better app. Also checkout the forum it is excellent.