Go 520 not for trucks?

JohnnySpark
JohnnySpark Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
edited May 8 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Morning

I purchased a TomTom Go 520 to use for truck sat nav, but it's turned up and it doesn't seem to have the trucking extras. I've search to see if there is 2 version of the 520 but can only find the truck one...
https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/truck-gps-sat-nav/go-professional-520-620/

On the device there aren't the options to chose vehcicles weight length etc. I can do that on the app and send the destination to the device, but it literally just sends the destination, not the altetnative route for a vehicle that size.

Can anyone draw light on this? Is there another version of the 520? How can I tell what version I have?

Thanks
John
Tagged:

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,835
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JohnnySpark

Try the following.

Tap Menu/Tap Settings/Tap System/Tap About. What does it say at the top of the screen. There is a car based TT unit model GO520 whereas the Truckbased version is called the GO520 Professional. If it is the car based unit it will say GO 520 whereas I assume that the Truck unit will say GO 520 professional.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,390
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Morning

I purchased a TomTom Go 520 to use for truck sat nav, but it's turned up and it doesn't seem to have the trucking extras. I've search to see if there is 2 version of the 520 but can only find the truck one...
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/truck-gps-sat-nav/go-professional-520-620/

On the device there aren't the options to chose vehcicles weight length etc. I can do that on the app and send the destination to the device, but it literally just sends the destination, not the altetnative route for a vehicle that size.

Can anyone draw light on this? Is there another version of the 520? How can I tell what version I have?

Thanks
    John

Or maybe you haven't downloaded the Europe truck map?

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,835
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @JohnnySpark

Try the following.

Tap Menu/Tap Settings/Tap System/Tap About. What does it say at the top of the screen. There is a car based TT unit model GO520 whereas the Truckbased version is called the GO520 Professional. If it is the car based unit it will say GO 520 whereas I assume that the Truck unit will say GO 520 professional.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,390
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Morning

Thanks
    John

Or maybe you haven't downloaded the Europe truck map?