Speed camera updates

Clacton33
Clacton33 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited May 6 in TomTom Services
I am getting daily speed camera updates (I download over wi-fi) - is this normal ? I can't imagine that there are over 7mb of changes each day.

Thanks

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,452
    Revered Voyager
    On the mobile application, you do not need to update speed cameras
    you should receive real-time updates straight to your phone.
  • Clacton33
    Clacton33 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Sorry, I should have said that I have a GO6200 - so I'm not using the mobile app.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    Hi @Clacton33

The Cameras updates are usually on a Tuesday and once downloaded you will not get any more until the next week. Try a Factory Reset and set you unit app again and see if that sorts it.

Doug
  • Arnold Layne
    Arnold Layne Registered Users Posts: 22
    Master Explorer
    I have a 5200 which connects to the WiFi from outside my house. I am having the same thing, speed camera updates daily and I came to the forum to see if there is a solution. A factory reset sounds a bit extreme. Will everything download again afterwards?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,452
    Revered Voyager
    @Arnold Layne

Before performing a factory reset you must log in to Mydrive with the same login credentials as your GO 5200, all your addresses and route will be automatically recharged.
  • Arnold Layne
    Arnold Layne Registered Users Posts: 22
    Master Explorer
    Doing a factory reset was easier than I expected and it seems to have solved the problem, in that I am no longer getting at least daily speed camera updates.