TOMTOM GO Model 4CT50

Gayle_5008
Gayle_5008 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
Hello there ~ my sweet brother gifted me with a TomTom GO Model 4CT50 and to update the maps, I need the cord that would connect my TomTom to my Windows desktop computer. Can you please help by telling me where I can obtain that cord? I do a lot of driving on old country roads (in the USA) so updated maps are very important. Your recommendations will be very appreciated! Thank you in advance 😊

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi Gayle_5008
    Welcome to the community!
    The exact model name is required to guide you here.

What are the first two characters of the device serial number?

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Gayle_5008
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello Vikram and, thanks for responding to my request for help!

The first two characters of the device serial number are: SL

The label also includes that it is a TOMTOM GO Model 4CT50
    And under that, in parentheses is: (4CT5.017.01)

I believe, though this may be incorrect as it’s based on my reading about other models, that to update the maps I need an SD card but I can’t find where the port might be on this TOMTOM for an SD card — so, will very much learning that as well. Or perhaps…???? This particular unit can download directly from TOMTOM somehow?

Thank you again so very much!

Best wishes,

Gayle
  • Gayle_5008
    Apprentice Seeker
    Maybe another question I might ask, please, is for your recommendations on how to ”do” what I hope to be able to do with this TOMTOM…. I do, of course, want to use it in a standard way—to get from one address or town to another….but….

I love driving out into the very rural and sometimes wild countryside around me and taking photos. Old homes, old barns, farm life/animals, scenic views, and nature’s wildlife…. When I find a great view or wonderful old old home or barn or whatever, I like being able to return again another day or days….to photograph it in a different light or different season or from a different angle.

What I hope to do with my TOMTOM is to save the location of a “find” so I can purposefully return to it some other day using TOMTOM’s guidance to that particular spot that I can uniquely name …. And I’m hoping my TOMTOM will let me save a LOT of such places……???

Can you please tell me if my specific TOMTOM will let me save and then return again and again to such locations? And also, perhaps, please, tell me potentially how?

Thank you again so very much!
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,452
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

@Gayle_5008

SL > GO LIVE 2535 M 4 GB the GPS and declared end of life by Tomtom so it is no longer possible to buy a card to update it.
  • Gayle_5008
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited May 7
    Hello Willy875 ~

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your response? The "GO LIVE 2535 M" seems to be a wholly different TOMTOM model than the one I have ~ which is a TOMTOM GO Model 4CT50.

I'm seeking the cable to connect my TOMTOM to my computer so I can update the maps.

Thank you very much!

Gayle
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,452
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

There is no Tomtom GO Model 4CT50
  • Gayle_5008
    Apprentice Seeker
    7ivlstyw7cba.jpeg
  • YamFazMan