Why am I getting "no route possible"?

mikell
mikell Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
I'm using tomtom Go on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I want a route from my home in north London to CH3 6AD near Chester (Rowton Lane). Putting in either of these produces the same error message. Google Maps has no problem with the route - it's a very average journey.
I've also just tried my brother's house nearby in Helsby - same message, and my sister's in York.
Very odd.

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    It's that you haven't downloaded all the maps 3 maps to download are available for England.
  • mikell
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Willy - that was the problem. Naively when I saw in Maps United Kingdom 'Fully Updated' I thought that meant the Untied Kingdom, whereas it really meant just the bits it bothered to include. Only by going beyond this did I see one map being offered which included the north of England.
    Route now OK
    Thanks again
    Mike

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    It's that you haven't downloaded all the maps 3 maps to download are available for England.
  • mikell
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Willy - that was the problem. Naively when I saw in Maps United Kingdom 'Fully Updated' I thought that meant the Untied Kingdom, whereas it really meant just the bits it bothered to include. Only by going beyond this did I see one map being offered which included the north of England.
    Route now OK
    Thanks again
    Mike