How do I get my speed cameras back

LumpyCustard
LumpyCustard Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
I updated my TomTom maps using MyDrive and it completely wiped the memory, installed new maps and did not reinstall my speed cameras

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,709
    Hi @LumpyCustard
    Welcome to the community!
    Speed cameras updates and alerts are tied to the subscription. If there is no active subscription on the account, the device will stop alerting for speed cameras.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/maps-services/speed-camera-updates/

Regards,
    Vikram.

• LumpyCustard
    Apprentice Seeker
    My sat nav was working fine until I updated my map. They should not be removing something I paid for
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited May 6
    Hi
    @LumpyCustard
    My sat nav was working fine until I updated my map. They should not be removing something I paid for
    The GO 5000 was supplied with Free a lifetime Map and Traffic... The Speed Camera database was a 3 Months free trial....
    But you didn't pay for it.... Your free 3 months trial has turned into freebie that may have lasted several years ???

Yes, the fixed Speed camera database is fairly static, but the Mobile locations change day by day even hour by hour at the various locations....
    I travel the A49 into Worcester most days, there were 2 fixed cameras plus a Mobile camera van using multiple locations....
    Recently there has been a change, now some of the route is covered by Average speed zones....
    The Tomtom Speed Cam database has kept up-to-date with all the changes....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • LumpyCustard
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes I did pay for it. It was always on my sat nav for years, then I updated the cameras last year, which all worked until this latest map update
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,822
    Superuser
    Hi @LumpyCustard

The reason they continued to work, I assume without you having a subscription, was because TT did not bother to stop them working once the relevant subscription expired. When you I assume paid a subscription last year to update the Cameras then they would work okay but now TT actively stop them if a subscription has ended. Do you have a current subscription for the service.

Regarding you comment that they should not have removed the cameras because you had paid for them well you had not for anytime beyond the subscriptions end date.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited May 5
    Hi
    @LumpyCustard
    Yes I did pay for it. It was always on my sat nav for years, then I updated the cameras last year, which all worked until this latest map update
    That's fair enough then... The speed camera subscription you paid for last year will be for either one Month £2.99 or Twelve Months £29.99....
    That subscription must have now expired.... The Tomtom speed camera subscriptions now 'Auto Renew' by default and should have auto renewed your subscription....
    Have you canceled the 'Auto Renew' Speed Cam subscription ???
    See Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1717650/#Comment_1717650

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • LumpyCustard
    Apprentice Seeker
    I do not believe that if I have paid for these POI to be installed on my machine that they have a right to remove them. I will be looking at alternatives to TomTom
  • LumpyCustard
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited May 12
    I have spoken to Garmin and if you update your speed cameras with them they do not prevent them from working if you do not have an active subscription.

That's another thing ... you can telephone Garmin

Bye Bye TomTom