World maps

a92971
a92971 Registered Users Posts: 58
Outstanding Wayfarer
How can I know which maps I have? Which countries?

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    edited May 5
    Hi @a92971
    If you go to our website here- https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/car-gps-sat-nav/go-discover/
    Click on the drop arrow next to -'Coverage', you will find the list of available maps that can be downloaded to your GO Discover.

poicdagp2dtn.png

If your question is in context to what maps are pre-installed on the device, then you can check that by going into-

Main menu > Settings > Maps and Display > Downloaded Map
    (here you will find the list of map that are already installed.)

Other regions/country maps can be downloaded using 'Add map' (when the device is connected to a Wi-Fi ® Internet)

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • a92971
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Can I see on the device if there are more maps I can download?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    edited May 5
    Hi

Main menu > Settings > Maps & display > Downloaded maps > on the right you will see the option > Add > all available maps are seen.
  • a92971
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Thank you
    Every time I reconnect the device it writes to me that there are 45 updates available.
    why is it?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    Updates are available for maps on your device, you don't have to.
  • a92971
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    But how can there be 45 updates at a time?
    I think they were 45
    The question is will it not be updated so he writes to me every time it is available for download ...?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @a92971

If you have the GO Discover then when you get updates for say Europe then you get updates for each European country you have on your device. If you go to Settings Maps and select Europe you will then see how many countries are on the unit. If there are lots that you will never need then you can delete them form the device and so from then on you will just be offered Updates for the European Countries you still have on the unit. The same applies for the USA etc if you have those on the device as well.

Doug
  • a92971
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    I think there is a problem with the updates.
    It does not make sense that there are exactly 45 updates at a time.
    I think there is a glitch and it just does not update well
  • a92971
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Good Morning,
    How can this be tested?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @a92971

When you are using the GO Discover units then you should not connect the device to your PC for map updates but rely on its direct connection to your Wifi.

If there are updates then when you start the unit if you Tap the menu icon and view the Settings Icon it should show a red marker to indicate there is something that needs attention. If having Tapped Settings you then Tap the Maps and Display/Downloaded Maps icons it will list Europe and show whether it is up todate or not, be aware it may take a few seconds to change to Updates Available if there are any.. If you Tap Europe then it takes you to a page showing all the European countries you have on your device. There are 45 countries available however you can use the delete button to delete any of them you do not need so for example it is possible to reduce the number to one. When there are any updates for the maps, IE the countries, on your unit then you will be offered them and not updates for countries you don't have eon the unit.

Doug