Update Europe Map TomTom Go 4CS01

Pravus
Pravus Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Good day,

I would like to know if it's possible to update the Europe Map, from the version 8.85 (actually installed on the device ) to the version 10.85.
On the store page when asked to which device I would like to apply the purchase, the only option I get is "Other".

So now, my doubt is if I will purchase the latest version of Europe map to update the actual one, will I be able to update it or not?

The device is a Tom Tom GO 4CS01.

Thanks in advance for your kind support.
Regards.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    edited May 4
    Hi

Do you have a GO 1000 ?
    some GB are at the end of their life and it is no longer possible to buy a card.
    On the site have you checked with the serial number if you can buy the card.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @Pravus

If the serial number prefix is TD or TB then the unit is obsolete, probably because it only has 2gb of internal memory and no extra memory facility and so maps etc cannot be purchased for the units. If the unit has a different serial number Prefix then it is likely to have 4gb of internal memory and again no extra memory facility. It may well be possible to purchase an updated map but it will be limited. You will need to check when purchasing the compatibility of the map to your unit.

Doug
  • Pravus
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited May 5
    Good day @Willy875 and @DougLap ,

thanks for your prompt reply.

The serial number prefix is TG.
    So I suppose the internal storage is 4gb considering the actual map loaded is 3gb.

I tried to purchase only the Italy map and looks like it is compatible with my device.

One more question, do you know if there is a way to know in advace the size of the map? For example the Italy map V10.8

Thanks for your kind support.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    edited May 5
    Hi
    @Pravus
    Is the device a built-in Car unit....
    fsew7mvaevpc.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Pravus