Help

NickBarnes
NickBarnes Registered Users Posts: 15
Master Traveler
Hi is there anyone here who is actually working for TomTom ? Customer Care or Technical Support ? I bought a second hand Smart 20 unit and found out there were no cameras installed. I paid 19.99 Euro through MyDrive Connect 2 days ago but still have no cameras on the unit. In the services menu on the unit under Alert Settings it shows speed cameras ( and next to it another one uncoloured saying Enable alerts ticked ) when pressed alert settings allows me to see the cameras and change warning sounds but no activation button or anything else to press ?
Have I lost 19.99 or can I get a refund ? This Forum is the only way I have found to try and resolve this ( no direct email no Phone Nos. ? for a large company I find this hard to understand you cannot contact them direct ) but as you can tell I am getting nowhere ? tried everything I can, ( I am not an IT expert ) someone please contact me who can actually help step by step or tell me how to get a refund and I will buy another unit with lifetime maps and Cameras installed
Thank in advance Nick
[email protected]

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,455
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

When purchasing the radars, did you select the Start 20 account correctly?
    Contact customer service to verify that your purchase has been assigned to the correct account.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • NickBarnes
    Master Traveler
    It gets worse I also have a VIA53, Which was working with maps and cameras, Just updated that again through MyDrive and Guess what ? YES my Cameras have disappeared from that unit too now ? I have never previously paid for cameras had the unit for over 2 years ? I presumed it was a lifetime map and camera free update ? It never asked for camera updates ? I now am extremely upset with TomTOM
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @NickBarnes

Again it appears that the Via 53 was originally sold with 3 months free Cameras and after that to continue the service it was subject to subscription. Below is a link to a Review which mentions it.

Until recently if you did not take out a subscription or stopped paying a Sub then the cameras were just left on the device were not updated and continued to display . TT recently decided that as there were many units where Cameras were being displayed but no longer paid for then they would now delete them form the units and this occurred when you did a Map update. If you want to restore the service you will need to take out a subscription for the service.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/product-reviews/tech/a26553546/tomtom-via-53-review/

Doug
  • NickBarnes
    Master Traveler
    Hi as previously mentioned I cannot get thought to Customer Support the link just sends me back here ? after doing weird stuff first so How ho I contact them directly ?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,871
    Superuser
    Hi @NickBarnes

There have been no phone lines to Customer Support since the start of Covid and no indication that the facility will return.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available, during normal working hours, you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message but stick with Chat.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    NickBarnes wrote: »
    Hi as previously mentioned I cannot get thought to Customer Support the link just sends me back here ? after doing weird stuff first so How ho I contact them directly ?

Delete cookies from your browser.
  • NickBarnes
    Master Traveler
    Hi Update after messing about connecting to MyDrive suddenly it showed I had a Camera Update ? weird but now installed Cameras on my Smart 20 still have the problem of after updating my VIA 53 I lost my cameras on that one :(
    Thanks for all the messages
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    On your VIA 53 do you have a valid radar subscription?