Can I sync my drive as a route?

Nezaa123
Nezaa123 Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Traveler
Can I sync my drive route as a route in tomtom android app not as a track so I can edit it while navigating?
Thanks.

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,835
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Nezaa123

If you create the route in the GO Nav App and save it directly to your My Routes folder in the App then it is saved as an ITN route not a GPX one. ITN routes will respond to traffic data which GPX routes will not and you can add to the route if you wish. One issue is that ITN routes do not sync back to your account.

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited May 4 Answer ✓
    Hi @Nezaa123

If you create a route in my Drive and send the destination and Stops if included then that is an ITN route if you save it on the App. It’s if you save it to My Routes in MyDrive then sync it that it becomes a breadcrumb route and ignores all traffic data etc.

What you can do is create a route in My Drive and save in MyRoutes. Then open the Route in MyDrive and edit the route, could be a waypoint just after start, then you can send the stops to your device and it will be an ITN route.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Nezaa123

If you create the route in the GO Nav App and save it directly to your My Routes folder in the App then it is saved as an ITN route not a GPX one. ITN routes will respond to traffic data which GPX routes will not and you can add to the route if you wish. One issue is that ITN routes do not sync back to your account.

Doug
  • Nezaa123
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks doug that's what I thought.
    Neal
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited May 4 Answer ✓
    Hi @Nezaa123

If you create a route in my Drive and send the destination and Stops if included then that is an ITN route if you save it on the App. It’s if you save it to My Routes in MyDrive then sync it that it becomes a breadcrumb route and ignores all traffic data etc.

What you can do is create a route in My Drive and save in MyRoutes. Then open the Route in MyDrive and edit the route, could be a waypoint just after start, then you can send the stops to your device and it will be an ITN route.

Doug
  • Nezaa123
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks @DougLap
    I'll give that a try 👍

Neal