How Do You Wipe A Tom Tom Go 50 Memory?

mikee1283
mikee1283 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
My Tom Tom says there is no map. When I try to install the map it says there's no room on the device. Yet when I look at the content all I see are the voice files. I have tried the reset, deleting the map from the computer, etc. The device says there's 498mb available when you hold the power button and the screen goes black. I have a SanDisk SD 32gb card installed. How do I get whatever it is that is consuming the memory space clear out?

thanks in advanced...

Mike

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,709
    Answer ✓
    @mikee1283

Hi Mike
    The device would require at least one map installed on the internal memory to be able to format a memory card and allow map installations on it.

I have activated a different version of the map for your TomTom, this version will allow you to download smaller map regions/countries to the internal memory.
    Once you have installed a smaller map, insert the memory card and this time the device should ask you to format it.

After the format is done, you can see the option to install maps to the external memory using MyDrive Connect.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,709
    Answer ✓
    @mikee1283

Hi Mike
    The device would require at least one map installed on the internal memory to be able to format a memory card and allow map installations on it.

I have activated a different version of the map for your TomTom, this version will allow you to download smaller map regions/countries to the internal memory.
    Once you have installed a smaller map, insert the memory card and this time the device should ask you to format it.

After the format is done, you can see the option to install maps to the external memory using MyDrive Connect.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • mikee1283
    mikee1283 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    That fixed the problem. I was able to install the USA Map and then format the SD Card.

thank you

Mike