Help needed with SD card.

PShakey
PShakey Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
Hi. I was trying to upgrade my SD card on Tom Tom home . First it was saying device not recognised then some how I've managed to wipe all maps off SD card is there any way I can get old map back then how do I get my SD card recognised by the Tom Tom home

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,372
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

GPS Carminat?

Before deleting everything on your SD didn't you make a backup on your computer?

If you search on your computer, you should have a Tomtom folder with a backup.

For Tomtom Home to recognize your GPS, you must insert your SD into the GPS, wait for the GPS to copy the files to the SD.
  • PShakey
    Apprentice Seeker
    No back up. when I first took SD out off car and tried to connect that's when Tom Tom home first said no device connected
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,372
    Revered Voyager
    Check back tomorrow, if moderator @VikramK can verify your account and possibly add you a map..
  • PShakey
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for that any idea how I can get the Tom Tom home to recognise my SD card so I can update it with the new map I've brought
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @PShakey
    Welcome to the community!
    A map has been reactivated for your TomTom, check for updates now.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • PShakey
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you
  • PShakey
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi everybody I am still having issues trying to get my SD card recognised by the Tom Tom home site any ideas? Would be great thanks
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @PShakey
    Have you tried the troubleshooting steps advised here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013961059

Regards
    Vikram.
  • PShakey
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @VikramK
    i have tried the troubleshooting guides you suggested. When i put sd card back into computer tomtom home is still not recognising it. When i open it up all i get is a file named .android_secure . Is their something silly im missing .Should i buy a new blank sd card and try that . any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . regards paul