battery problems TomTom Go 6100

walterB
walterB Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
My TomTom Go 6100 shows full battery charge (black screen) but when i connect it to my Desktop to update my cards it says battery has no charge (red) and shuts down.
I already loaded it directly for several hours. No change. What goes wrong? Battery? Battery-Management?

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,379
    Revered Voyager
    It seems to me that the charging light is white when the battery is charged if your GPS is not charging try changing the cable.
  • walterB
    walterB Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    If my go 6100 is on direkt Power with the original cable i can work normally. So the cable must be ok.
    The battery shows fully white. My Question: In a normal charging process how should the Battery look like?
    As soon I take my device from the Power it shows a empty (red) Battery sign and goes to sleep.
    Could the Battery be defect because I did not use it for almost 30 month?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    edited May 3
    Hi
    @walterB
    When you are using Sleep Mode (Device in regular use)... The device is allways ticking over in the background....
    For 'Turned off Mode' (Infrequent Use)... Press the off button until the Power Menu displays --> Select Turn off....
    The charge level of Lithium batteries should always be properly maintained, one of the worst things you can do to a Lithium Battery is to store it in a discharged state

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM