Brand new TT Go 6250 refuses system-update

Renske_6250
Renske_6250 Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
edited May 2 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello lovely members, I'm Renske and I'm brand new here. I also bought a brand new TT go Professional 6250 (Trucker) but it says 'something went wrong' when trying to do a system-update! (you have to do the system-update before you do the card and other updates). The system asks to install an update from 19.201.0010.411 (September 27th of 2019) to version 21.200.0003.411. I use TT-GPS systems already for a long time, so I'm familiar with the processes to start-up a new device (MyDrive Connection, registration, connecting the GPS only and directly with its original USB cable to the computer, when unpacking first fill up the battery for 24hours etc.). I tried a Mac OS computer, a Windows PC, also GPS as stand alone via my home WiFi but nothing helps. In my opinion the gap between the original installed system-software (2019) and the new requested system-software is to big! Please can someone of you help me out? Thanks in advance - Renske.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,306
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

On Go 6250 you do not need to connect your device to your computer updates are launched from your device to download maps you must connect your device to a mains charger.
  • Renske_6250
    New Seeker
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Hi

On Go 6250 you do not need to connect your device to your computer updates are launched from your device to download maps you must connect your device to a mains charger.

As mentioned in my question the device is connected to the computer (via MyDrive Connection), and the GPS is fully loaded battery AND charged via the original USB-cable. And also as mentioned in my request, I'm used to work with TT already for a very long period (about 20 years) so I have bought already several new GPS-devices in the past and never faced this kind of problem.
  • Renske_6250
    New Seeker
    Hi

to download maps.
    ??? I'm asking a question about system-software, not about downloading maps.

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,817
    Superuser
    Hi @Renske_6250

Same applies to Op software in that you do not have to connect the device to your PC but have the unit connected directly to the Wifi. Then go to Settings/Updates and New items and select the Op Update but non of the other updates listed. Once the Op update has been done you can then do any others .

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,306
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

to download maps.
    ??? I'm asking a question about system-software, not about downloading maps.

what i meant to install the software no need to connect the device to a mains charger to download a map you have to connect it to a mains charger.
  • Renske_6250
    New Seeker
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Renske_6250

Same applies to Op software in that you do not have to connect the device to your PC but have the unit connected directly to the Wifi. Then go to Settings/Updates and New items and select the Op Update but non of the other updates listed. Once the Op update has been done you can then do any others .

Doug

Hi DougLap, thanks for this advice but as mentioned in my request (I tried a Mac OS computer, a Windows PC, also GPS as stand alone via my home WiFi but nothing helps) I did try this already. Thus also without a PC but only with the WiFi here at home and it still doesn't work. And you have a very good point to deselect all the other updates but not the system-software update but this gives also this doesn't help. But thanks for trying to help.